Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 25 August 2005
I have only recently seen this film, yet it has quickly become one of my favourites. The fact that it features a real-life Bushman is one of the reasons why the film effortlessly weaves comedy into the documentry style in which it is presented. Although in many places you will find yourself on the floor with laughter, the film is far from lacking in eye-opening scenes which really do provoke deep thoughts about the way we live our lives in the industrial world. Using the documentry style, which acts as a window into the mind of the Bushman, the audience is taken into a new world and a new way of thinking, which comically questions how advanced our civilisation actually is. A masterpiece.
on 14 April 2017
This is a classic from a more innocent time period. Not as fast-paced as modern counterparts, but remains as entertaining and endearing as when it was first screened. Highly recommended.
on 28 June 2016
A wonderful film full of all things non-hollywood. Suspend criticism, sit back and enjoy this gem. The second film was not so good, but then again, they're never as good as the original.
on 3 January 2014
The Gods must be crazy is such a cleaver, enjoyable, silly and thourghly pleasing movie, that one would hope that the sequel would come close to it. Not so. The Gods Must be Crazy 2 is in serious contetnion for the worst stinker ever produced. Bad plot, bad acting and pointless. Save your money!
on 8 July 2017
Very funny film. Great Purchase.
on 30 April 2017
We love these films. My children laugh out loud, and what a beautiful backdrop and culture to see and learn about.
on 12 April 2017
Very funny, love it 😀
on 6 June 2005
I first saw this film many years ago and had wanted to see it again and watch it with my children.
This is a good old fashioned family film where the baddies are made to look ridiculous and we get to have a look at our hectic lifestyle and laugh at ourselves.
The documentary style is off putting for the first 3 minutes and then the characters in the film have you hooked.
Each time we see it we find something new and amusing.
on 9 March 2017
First watched this film I'm 1991 & couldn't stop laughing. Still laugh when I watch this film.
on 25 October 2015