Format: DVD|Change

on 25 October 2004
I must admit that I have grown to like Lindsay Lohan ALOT in the last few months (being a fan of Hilary's I was known to block her out!). However, "Freaky Friday" and "Mean Girls" were both GREAT FUNNY movies and Lindsay continues her run of comedies with "Confessions Of A Teenage Drama Queen". The story is far from original but with a great cast and some OUTRAGEOUS clothes this movie is EXTREMLEY funny!!!! It's basically about two girls who LOVE the same band and when they break up they decide to go to New York to attend their final concert EVER but it's Disney so nothing is ever as STRAIGHT forward or as simple as that!!! The ONLY thing that annoys me however is Lindsay miming in her major "singing" parts!!! Other than that this movie is up there with the other great RECENT teenage Disney films such as "The Princess Diaries", "The Lizzie McGuire Movie" and "Freaky Friday". Well done Lindsay keep up the good work!
on 21 August 2007
i don't see why this film has so many bad reviews. it's funny, easy going and girly. even my dad found it funny and he's into stuff like star trek. i wasn't a huge fan of lindsay lohan given her reputation but i thought this film was a good laugh. yes, it's kind of silly but hello she's a drama queen that's the whole point. i love girly films/romantic comedies and i thought this was great.
on 4 January 2005
I am so glad Hilary Duff did not end up in this role. Lindsay Lohan is brilliant. She was amazing in the Parent Trap, Freaky Friday and Mean Girls, and surprisingly this dark horse, Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen. What with it being straight to shelf here in the UK, I was really dubious about it, until I realised Lindsay was in the film, which kind of gave me hope. Okay, so the story wasn't incredibly inventive and it was rather predictable, but I did find myself hating Carla and feeling a certain ammount of personal empathy for the character of Lola (played by Lindsay). I don't want to give too much away to those who haven't seen it. It lacks the depth in storyline and character development that Mean Girls portrayed, but all the same it's good, light viewing and once again Lindsay does not dissapoint. You go girl :)
on 9 January 2005
This really wasn't a great movie. Aside from the fact that some character development was (extremely) poor, the script itself is lousy. Lohan tries her best to carry the movie successfully but with a script so mediocre, it's impossible. Also, it doesn't help that her co-star Alison Pill is very irritating; love interest Sam is badly stereotyped; Lola's father has a measly introduction and most of all, Lola herself is sometimes unlikeable which doesn't bode well when she's the main character. Although there are some great moments (like when Lola goes on a hunger strike), the movie, as a whole, is a mix of good and bad and rather unfortunately it's mostly mediocre. If you're a fan of Lindsay Lohan like myself, you may feel disappointed but you'll just have to see for yourself.
on 30 September 2006
I've always been a fan of Lindsay Lohan and all her performances are stunning, but just not this one. I am a child, just 10 years old and I was really lokking forward to this, but it seemd that Lola's charactar was just not the one for me, the overacting annoyed me terribly, it was surprisingly bad!
on 29 August 2006
I think Lindsay Lohan is a good actress but the movie is just awful! It is completly pointless and has no storyline to it!

if you want my advice - dont buy it, i was so disappointed!
on 24 July 2006
i bought this movie after watching mean girls the parent trap and freaky friday, i thought after these brill movies this was going to be another BUT it is not very good it is quite dull actually but i think lindsay's acting was good for a bad written movie
on 4 April 2006
Having read the book this film is based on, written by Dyan Sheldon, I wasn't entirely sure this film would be very successful. The plot is incredibly simple: an ambitious girl from New York moves to the suburbs and instantly makes an impression (both good and bad) on her new classmates. At the same time, her favourite band Sidartha announce their split and she becomes determined to go to their final concert and the after-party.
Considering there was little to work with, I felt the stars of the film carried it off well. Lindsay Lohan as always showed herself to be a brilliant actress, carrying off the role of a 'drama queen' perfectly. The film is likeable and okay for a lazy night in for younger teen girls, but nothing to write home about.
on 15 March 2006
I just watched Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen, well there's 1 hour and 20 minutes of my life that I'll never get back! Truly Appalling. It didn't make sense. It didn't flow. It was totally unbelievable. It had terrible characters. It had a terrible script, and possibly worst of all they tried to make it into a musical type thing...very unwise!
Avoid this movie at all costs, if you value good movies and entertainment.
on 16 March 2014
I was expecting one long boring story with bad acting but that what the front cover told me. It was a great film l, funny and emotional. All those people who rated this as 1 star are completely CRAZY. I would definitely recommend this to all girls my age (11) who like romcoms. :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)))))))