Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 21 February 2005
I�fve always had a thing for the storytelling singer/song writer woman. Suzanne Vega gently led me through broken hearted teens, Sheryl Crow lifted me up and taught me what a women could do in my twenties, and now Emiliana Torrini picks up the baton in my thirties. These tracks are superb and draw me in completely. I want to search her out immediately, shower her with flowers and run off to some Icelandic log cabin to live happily (hippyly) ever after. Sunny road suggests the possibility that my teenage love might now be having second thoughts (hurrah!), Serenade talks of half-remembered summer nights, while Heartstopper recalls lives loved and lost. So farewell Suzanne and Sheryl you�fve been wonderful and we�fve been great together but I must take off and find myself with Emiliana.
on 5 November 2006
This album will haunt you like a little friendly ghost that sits in your head and makes you smile randomly from time to time. Buy it. It's her best yet.
on 5 December 2009
I think her music is powerful. When I hear her music I feel what she was feeling when she wrote it. It's amazing! :) I really love it.
on 28 March 2012
After being introduced to Emiliana Torrini's single Sunny Road (track 2 on Fisherman's Woman), a song which I adored, I longed to hear more from this sensational Icelandic singer gifted with the purist of voices. This exquisite album is one to be treasured and will never grow tiresome.
VINE VOICEon 2 December 2015
Beautiful, personal, intimate album. Excellent. Not overproduced for the sake of effect. Simple, folky and approachable. Reminds me of Feist but less commercial. Mind, Feist is fantastic too but in a slightly different way.
on 25 November 2014
What a voice! A much overlooked (overlistened?) artist. Beautiful lyrics, beautiful voice, creative and original songs. Buy this now.
on 25 November 2014
Excellent, a different sound, maybe the acoustic guitar seems a little less tuneful than you'd like, but the voice makes up for it.
on 9 January 2014
Had this before to do holistic treatments to but leant it to someone and they lost it. It's good to have it back again.
on 15 September 2015
good
on 3 February 2005
Emiliana Torrini's debut album, "Love in the Time of Science", is astounding. Her icelandic (yes, think Bjork-esque) voice shimmers over drum-beats reminiscent of massive attack, her soulful wailings tugging at your emotions as you listen.
So "Fisherman's Woman"; I was so excited about this release. The last album irrevocably changed my musical collection and taste for the better, so in which innovative and melodic new directions was this next album to take the listener? ...To disappointment is all I can say.
The style of music has altered completely, moving from a funky sound to a more acoustic, vocal-based, folky album of songs that, quite frankly blend into one another. Emiliana's voice is still as clear and beautiful as chrystal waters, but the music just doesnt do her justice.
If you liked "Love in the Time of Science" for more than just vocal bliss, that is if you truly appreciate exciting funky emotive music, don't bother with this new album.