Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 12 January 2016
Excellent, so much better than the previous version
VINE VOICEon 16 February 2015
Jerry Goldsmith is one of my favourite film composers. And just on listening to this CD, it's easy to see why. The arrangements are of the highest order as one would expect from a top quality composer as Goldsmith is. On this CD, is the full blown score to Basic Instinct. Including every nook and cranny. It's a gem to listen to and Mr Goldsmith got an Oscar nomination for his effort. I feel it was well deserved. Capturing most of the energy and the emotional segments from the film and making a grand CD package. I'm guessing that when Mr Goldsmith recorded his grand score for Basic Instinct, someone may have put a sticker on the door saying "Genius at work" or something like that. They might as well have done. Cause in my mind, this album is a work of genius and it shows in the different dynamics of the score.

I just couldn't pick a single favourite track from the rich selection of 26 tracks. If I really did have to choose one, I would just choose the whole album. Simply because it works best in full as it is here on this disc. I say this because originally on cassette back in 1992 I had bits of the score. I've been looking for the original full length score pretty much ever since a year and a half ago when I finally came upon it on amazon.co.uk.

All in all then, this CD is a wonderful disc to listen to. Powerful, dark, dangerous, dramatic, romantic and full of the genius that is the great Jerry Goldsmith. Bravo.
on 6 August 2013
Really dig this score, loads of detail, awesome mastering, eery but also profound, solid, and complete. Lots of layers, deep bass, crystal highs.

The first time I listened to it I listened all the way through, mesmerized.

Wish it was SACD but this cd sounds very good.
on 28 March 2015
The most infectious Main Theme is so good it could be classical.With other tracks on this CD someone could edit a fabulous 10 min. orchestration
good enough for the Albert Hall.This man has to be the most under-rated composer ever,sadly no longer around but he has left a wonderful insight
as to how a music soundtrack can make a film.Well worth buying.