Format: Audio CD|Change

on 3 July 2015
Best album
on 12 May 2005
I don't know about anyone else but when I am dragged out to one of these cheese factory clubs where people dance all night to utter, utter soulless nonsense I pray for a record that is good to dance to whilst actually remembering to be good to listen to. Well here, in my opinion, it is!
Whilst it is a little shakey lyrically one line 'You want a medal for all the things you've done, If we thought you deserved it we would have gave you one" stands out as being particularly clumsy. Any way bad lyrics aside the music and melodies are outstanding and as a whole the lyrics aren't that bad. Daryl's line "I'm a soldier and a poet but I'm a dancer at best" sums the opus up nicely.
To sum up, then, this is catchy, lively, funky and just fantastic basically. Go Buy.
on 5 August 2004
After hearing glassjaws past two albums, i wasn't feeling the spark, i always felt they needed that extra tempo and how perfect it is then for them to join up with gorillaz man jimbob (not actually his name, but i could'nt remember, so yeah)
This album is just pure upbeat, the slow songs being the happiest slow songs i've ever heard. the lyrics are even negatively positive. Just listen to beating Hearts Baby. "You, You Want Nothing To Do With Me". I had to poke myself to make sure this was real. Well, it is and now my eyes really hurt. This album may not be good for your eyes, but its sure as hell good for your ears. These are the bees knees........louise
on 28 January 2005
When i first heard beating heart baby at my girlfriends house it blew me away i thought it was amazing!! i downloaded a few more tracks i also found them mint!
This is by far one of the best albums i have bought apart from Taking Back Sunday.
I strongly recomend buying this album if your a fan of Glassjaw (as the lead singer is from glassjaw)
on 11 March 2006
I first herd of this band in my student union and got really interested in the song Beating Heart Baby! But I was actually a bit disappointed when I got the album, I found that it was a very different kind of music. I did like Please Please Please (Young Hollywood) as well but that was the only other song I did like!
If your looking for a good mixed of different genres of music in one album, I would give Panic! At The Disco a try! I’ll give it another listen or two, but I don’t hold out much hope for it!