Customer reviews

on 14 June 2006
I was there that night and throughout the day the rain fell constantly.But as we arrived the clouds parted and we were treated to a fantastic sunset,this comes across in the DVD. People from the surrounding villages arrived with picnics and sat around in the ground chatting and relaxing, then to top it all Jamie and his band provided the icing on the cake with outstanding jazz, put together and presented to bridge the gap between the cross section of ages which attended. This concert was infact a homecoming for him as he cut his teeth playing the pubs & clubs throughout the surrounding area and also appeared in the Blenheim Palace finction room for weddings from time to time.The Personalaties which attended that night included Cat Deeley, Cilla, and The Parkinsons. I didn't think that the atmosphere could ever be repeated on the recording, so i never bothered buying a copy at first, but when a friend put it on his surround sound it took me back to that night and i was really suprised how they managed to capture the magic of that performance.

This is a lesson for any serious musician in timing,dynamics and control and also on how to give a diverse audience what they want, a credit to Jamie Cullam and his band.

But sadly i imagine he's a bit pricey for your average wedding or pub gig these days!!!!
One person found this helpful
on 6 October 2011
this Dvd is the best live pop/jazz the UK has seen in a long time... Jamie is on super form and his super skills on the piano / amazing voice, as well as his staggering energy make this a real joy to watch.
there are solo bits and bits with the band and some with string quartet, a real mix of music. It's all mostly very energetic tho!

Lots of great extra footage (behind the scenes/other live shows/music video) are on the Dvd, so if you are a massive jamie fan like me, it's a must have!

It's a brilliant concert and a real fave of mine : )
on 27 October 2004
Whether you have heard of Jamie Cullum or not you will not be dissapointed with this DVD. The content is excellent & keeps you entertained throughout with whitty one liners & fabulous cinematography. This is not just a music DVD but an education about the man himself. A definately for your Christmas stocking!
4 people found this helpful
on 25 October 2004
Great DVD of an amazing gig! It really catches the energy of a Jamie Cullum gig. This DVD is a great document of the journey Jamie and his men have made over the past year, since 'Twentysomething' came out. It's a great mix of gig footage and footage of their life on the road.
The sublime version of 'God only knows' should be enough reason to buy it.
I was slightly disappointed with the extras. They were different than initially announced. But never mind, it's brilliant and deserves the full 5 stars!
One person found this helpful
on 25 October 2004
Fab! Absolutely love every minute. The best entertainment in a long time. Hope he keeps producing similar DVD's. I would recommend this to music lovers of all ages.
2 people found this helpful
on 15 July 2004
I wasn't there, but I was at a few other concerts at which they were filming at. The concerts were amazing and I'm sure the concert at Blenheim Palace was amazing. I think this DVD will be a big hit with all Jamie Cullum fans, and hopefully with some people who are not but may become fans after seeing this amazing DVD.
6 people found this helpful
on 4 October 2004
I was at the concert and it was the BEST EVER!!! I had the fantastic Jamie Cullum to my front and Cilla Black a tad to my right. CANNOT WAIT for the DVD to come out. Ive got it ordered already coz im away the day it comes out so it will be waiting for me when i come home!!! I dont think ive ever hoped my holiday would end so soon!
Happy viewing people
3 people found this helpful
on 9 July 2004
I was also there and can't believe how great the whole evening was. If the DVD is half as good as the evening was, it will still be wonderful.
3 people found this helpful
on 29 January 2013
Jamie has blended jazz, pop and showmanship beautifully to deliver a fantastic experience. A truely talented artist. Plays to all senses.
on 24 January 2016
Excellent viewing, I would thoroughly recommend.