Customer reviews

Size: 60-Gram|Change

on 6 February 2017
Good stuff! Have huskies who love going out on the pawtrekker! (Dog scooter) Part of the route is over pavement/tarmac and the other is over muddy trails.
I've found that it's good for healing pads but seems to make a small difference to the pad wear if used before trekking.

It's nice and thick and does soak into pad well. It does leave them greasy for a while but after its soaked in you'll notice your dog has a very dark colour to its pad as if it's wet but it's really not. It's like hand cream for dogs.

As for protection and 'for dogs that don't wear boots'... well our dogs use it for after running. Boots are the way to protect dog feet.

Haven't used it for snow or grit protection as of yet because we've had no snow!
on 27 February 2017
I used this in the snow and ice as my cocker spaniel tends to get painful ice balls on and around her paws and she didn't get one with this on. I can imaging it would protect against hot pavements as it claims. The only downside is she slips a lot on my laminate flooring when I use it which isn't great as she has bad hips
on 30 June 2017
I have two Whippets both have problem with tender paws walking on hard surfaces, I have been unable to purchase another brand of paw wax in was using for a long time which did a good job, now using Musher's paw wax and is working well, I apply it to the paws after the last walk of the day and both dogs are walking well over all surfaces. Fast delivery arrived a day early.
on 18 April 2017
My corgi had been getting cracked paw pads - Not necessarily on the bad scale of things, but he had been licking them a fair amount and what with the weather warming up I felt I should try and get him some paw wax/cream to see if it helped him any. After reading some reviews on Musher's Secret Paw Protection Wax I decided to purchase some to see how my doggo would do with it. Not had it very long - but so far his paws have actually been looking a lot less cracked, he's stopped licking them and they are certainly starting to feel smooth again. Obviously do not over-use since you wouldn't want your pooch to slip all over the place. Puppo's need fairly rough paws to protect them from the elements outside, but of course Musher's is a good way of giving that little bit extra protection as well as making sure doggieface has not got saw paw peets. So yes highly recommend!
on 11 January 2013
I don't know how it works, but it seems to. My ancient bulldog has arthritic knees and can't weightbear as she should with her back legs. So walking can sometimes be problematic. I put this on her paws about three times a week at night and she definitely manages better.
I'm not sure how long ago I placed the first order. Suffice it to say that I lost that girl last year and now have a nearly 8year old. Having moved recently, I couldn't find the old tube, until I received the new order! She is even heavier on her front legs, so it's vital to protect her pads, between the toes and pads from the dirt. Done every morning.
02/05/2017 It REALLY works. With the salt/gritting on the roads no longer an issue, and because she is over 6 kgs lighter than when she came to me, I thought I would try her without M Secret on both front paws, and a sock on one paw where the pad is unpigmented and more vulnerable to friction. Within days, both paws were breaking down. She only walks a short distance on both grass (under trees) and tarmac pavement. So, after a day's rest and tlc, we are back using a sock on one paw, and Mushers Secret on both, and will continue to do so, throughout the year.
on 7 April 2017
I love using Mushers Secret on my dogs paws, a little bit of TLC, package arrived promptly & in the condition it should do. The reason not five stars - There is a but (sorry) I thought it was a little pricey (I guess because of p + p) for such a tiny pot. However it goes a long way.....but will buy a bigger pot next time, as hopefully should be more cost affective. Thanks
on 6 March 2017
Every dog should have this rubbed into his/her paws to protect them from harmful chemicals etc ans frosty weather. Excellent price,fast delivery
on 27 June 2016
I use this on my dogs paws as she had small cracks on her pads. This worked wonderous for her and after a few weeks of applying it every other day her paws have healed up and now I use it once a week as a preventitive measure.
on 11 March 2017
This is as good as Padsonal sadly no longer available. Brilliant for cracked sore roughened pads a daily application will show results within a week.
on 20 May 2017
Brought the product for my cocker spaniel.
I have moved near the coast and do a lot of walking near water. Thought she may tried to lick it off but she allowed me to rub balm on and inbetween her paws.Pleasant smell and easily absorbed. Worth the price and last for ages.