on 5 October 2017
I've acquired 5 of these little beauties over the years. I use them as protectors on my induction hob against scratches, trivets for hot pots on the worktops either near my hob or next to the kitchen sink. I use them as pot handles to fish out casseroles etc from the oven and as an aid to unscrew stubborn jar lids.. They're mats for hot dishes on my dining table. They're used as temporary lids on pans and bowls And I've also found that they work as diffusers on my induction hob to ensure a low simmer. They slot into the dishwasher as required...and 4 years on all look as good as new. Indispensible!
on 9 June 2017
Bought this 3 years ago and it is still as good as new. Have read other reviews with concerns about heat getting through but have had no issues myself on granite worktops. Basically just leave hot pans for a short while (not sure why you would leave them hot for longer periods). Have given it 4 stars as there maybe problems with damaged surfaces if left for longer but not going to test this though. Oddly enough this item has other uses for example we have our water filter standing on it permanently and just remove it when required for hot pans.
on 26 March 2016
I knew when I bought my gas hob kettle that I would need something to protect my worktop from being damaged in the event I needed to take the kettle off the hob. This simple but effective product looked the part and on receiving it I was not dissapointed. It's a good weight which gives you the confidence it will protect your worktop. Its the right size for the kettle, not too big that it takes up lots of space and not too small that the kettle overhangs it. Easy cleaned just throw it in some hot soapy water or it will even go through the dishwasher. You can even hang it up as there is a hole in it just for that purpose. Whilst not cheap it certainly does a great job.
on 8 June 2017
Exactly as described, this looks sleek and stylish in my kitchen. Make sure you realise how small 20.5cm is, as I hadn't really noted the size upon purchase. However, it holds a pot and stops my quartz worktop from discolouring!

It is expensive for a pot stand but considering I bought it, I knew that before I got it. Brilliant!
on 12 January 2016
Have a couple of these (having bought cheaper ones which were rubbish) and they are excellent, as well as being seemingly indestructible. They give enough height to warrant putting much larger dishes on them, and are flexible enough to allow use as temporary oven gloves, when the usual gloves go missing. Only niggle, and this is so minor I feel embarrassed stating it, is that the ridges are so thick it's hard to dry - you can't stand it up to drain and drying flat won't work as the upper ridges will still be wet. I think actually that this niggle is particular to me, because the drying cloth has been hidden, along with the oven gloves...
VINE VOICETOP 500 REVIEWERon 13 April 2012
These are a very good alternative to the rather bulkier and considerably heavier traditional iron trivet. Unlike cast iron, they will not fracture if dropped, or break a foot, as happened to someone I know - twice!

Of a size suitable for any pan, larger or smaller, they will protect a surface for several minutes. However, it should be borne in mind that some pans, especially those with a multi-layered base, can hold their heat far longer than a traditional single-layer pan, so could cause damage to the mat or the surface beneath if left for too long.

There is a hole to allow them to be hung out of the way, although perhaps a little small although large enough for the traditional metal hook, but you could loop some string through and hang from that.
on 31 January 2016
Le Creuset is sold on its name and reputation and has a price tag to match it. This is exactly what I expected and it does exactly as expected. Its a nice vibrant colour for the kitchen (dark orange if anyone needs a description) and will last for years. It is not particularly large but it works for a standard saucepan and that is what I I wanted and it does not disappoint. It is expensive however for what it is hence it does not deserve 5 stars and gets 4.
on 14 November 2017
Used these for a decade, they are legendary, worth every penny and an extremely fine and effective product. I buy new ones every ten years or so, even though they will last triple that probably if I did not cut with my razor knifes on them when I am quick on the freshly baked bread!!
on 14 February 2014
So indispensable that I bought another. May seem a bit pricey, but these are useful in so many ways. Originally purchased to protect a granite work top, these get used to place hot pans on, to prevent mixing bowls sliding, as placemats, in lieu of a glove to grab something out of the oven and to the horror of our eagerly awaiting dogs, as a non slip surface to place under a plate to carve meat. When this little workhorse has performed all day, it's treated to a spin in the dishwasher.
on 30 March 2017
Excellent product and very helpful when placing it under a heavy Le Creuset Casserole when it is starting to cool down