on 11 July 2012
One satisfied customer here. The important things about a pedal for me are construction, reliability and being able to get the sounds i want. In terms of construction and reliability there are no problems with this unit. I also get lots of sounds that I want and use and there are still many more to experiment with. Bearing in mind the reasonable price I would recommend it for anyone who wants to expand there sound range or simply play around and have fun.
on 27 August 2014
I bought this as I was looking for something to give me a clean octave sound, and various message boards suggested this as an option. I probably will rarely (if ever) use many of the sound options it has as they wouldn't really suit the kind of music I play (indie/rock), but good to know they're there just in case, and I'm very happy with the clean octave sound - exactly what I was looking for. For the price, an excellent purchase.
on 7 November 2014
Using this bass pedal discreetly is a bit like trying to quietly seat Brian Blessed at the back of a child's christening. It ain't gonna happen. It makes some funny loud noises but the lack of a level control means there is little way to tame it to use in a band context. I'm sure it will gather dust really well though. Sub Octave use is okay and you can do the Dr Who theme quite well on this.
on 17 July 2015
Extremely good value bass pedal. It takes a little while to figure out the various modes and the best settings for each - but you can certainly get a wide range of sounds. Anything from basic sub octave notes to really strange quirky synth envelope sounds. Some online reviewers comment on the tracking but I found it to really be fine. Adjusting the controls carefully really is the key. I suspect some more critical reviews haven't really played around with adjustments enough. I found the output marking slightly confusing. Output 2 - says effect and its only effect out, no direct signal. Output 1 is marked normal(dry) but its a mix of the direct and effected signal. When you switch the pedal off this output gives you just the straight signal, the other out (2) gives nothing.
on 9 September 2016
Synthalicious!

Great pedal. There's so much variety scrolling through the 7 types of filter.

It's not in any way, shape or form subtle, worth pointing that out. But bass synth and subtle don't really go hand in hand so that's obvious!

As others have recommended, splitting a clean tone and the pedal's tone is a great idea.

Has the usual Digitech pedal durability, you're going to do more damage to other things than to this pedal if you throw it, that's for sure.
on 19 July 2015
To get the best out of this you'll need to use the two outputs, one clean and one with the effect. It does work as just the effect but works better with the clean signal. Two amps and your laughing. Recording it is easy. Has an speaker cab emulator as well. Overall your not going to use it all the time but it's a handy one to have if you want to spice up a bass line. A lot of interesting sounds to be found with it. Just keep playing around with it and you'll find something usable.
on 6 June 2012
I'm happy with this pedal. It has seven basic presets but by tweaking the controls you can get a huge variety of sounds - some useful, and some that sound like Sparky's Magic Piano!

However I wanted a funk bass sound and this unit delivers it. I also wanted an octaver with a clean sound and you get that too - the octaver preset has a synthy overlay but you can dial that right down and just keep your tone. You have to tweak it a bit to stop your bottom end from vanishing, but I managed that too without too many problems.

The Digitech is a bit wider and longer than Boss pedals, and as I have a Boss pedal board I had to do a bit of surgery with a penknife on the foam seating to get the Digitech to fit.

It doesn't look and feel quite as robust as a Boss pedal, but still fairly strong.
on 18 September 2015
It's not something I'd really think about using for a live performance. It's more of a toy than anything else...but it's a helluva fun-packed one! You can get some really strange and wonderful freaky noises out of it....and it drives my fox terrier insane. I payed just short of £29 and no complaints at all.
on 4 February 2014
Well built. And nice bit of kit for the price.
Go on make some weird noises on your bass.

See some video review on youtube and you can really see what this peddle can do.
One thing tho best used with a bass the has a decent pickup output. Or use a clean boast before hand.
on 10 December 2014
Bought on a whim. It's great fun to mess around with and it annoys the guitarist in our band like nothing else. It's a bit lively but if you put a compressor after it in the signal chain it makes things a bit more useable. Nice fat funk tones easily dialled in.