on 11 August 2010
When we decided to buy a toaster, we looked for the best price to quality ratio, accepting that Krups brand will bear a premium. We have had great experience with Krups appliances, but not this one.
It worked fine for a year - not exactly heavy duty usage, maybe 3-4 times a week. Browning has never been even, gets more burnt on the inner side and the bottom of the slice. A year later the lever broke and it would not "squeeze" the bread and we would have trouble lifting the bread out. Every time we use it, I run through the electro shock scenario. Unfortunately, not worth the money. Looking again..
22 Comments| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 July 2009
Bought this toaster a few weeks ago after reading Which reviews and the reviews of other Amazon buyers. I haven't had any of the problems with toasting quality some others seem to have had. For me, the toaster looks nice, toasts evenly and is remarkably quick. Whether it keeps up this performance for a decent lifetime, or degenerates as other toasters I've had, remains to be seen but so far I am very pleased with it and have no hesitation in recommending it.

Addendum: nearly a year on and it's still doing a great job. Performance doesn't seem to have dropped off - still toasts pretty evenly, and well within the range of adjustment.

Updated July 2013 - started playing up a week or so ago - taking much longer than usual to toast. Today the lifting mechanism has jammed. Taking it apart is made a bit more difficult by the use of a couple of Torx screws and as I can see the mechanism is all twisted I'm going to give it up as a bad job and go for a new toaster. Would have hoped it would last a bit longer than 4 years!
on 22 July 2009
I purchased this toaster following a positive review by Which? and mostly good reviews on Amazon. I chose to overlook the more negative reviews on Amazon. What a mistake. Those reviews were correct when they pointed out the unevenness of the toasted bread - one side more brown than the other. It also has an unfortunate habit of leaving the bread curled at the end of toasting. Based on my experience, I would caution anyone against purchasing this product.
on 1 February 2009
I bought this yesterday,its perfect. after throwing our last 2 toasters out, it looks like we have at last found a good one.
Fast! bread to toast in about a minute, nice even browning, looks good, simple solid controls. Its what I've been looking for, for ages.
on 1 February 2008
Very pleased with this toaster. It was the Which? Magazine best buy.

It has some nice features such as the 3 extra levels of lift for small pieces of bread - no more sticking your knife in to fish bread out! :o lol

The defrost function is useful too.
on 22 November 2009
This is the best toaster we have ever bought. It is so versatile with plenty of settings, three height controls to make sure you get your toast out easily and with the croissant/roll warmer working so well without having to add any attachments etc.

I haven't given it 5 stars as the overall evenness of browning could be improved slightly but it is well worth the money.

We have recommended this toaster to friends.
on 19 May 2009
Ended up sending this back to Amazon since, even on the "light" setting (3 of 8), one side of the bread is virtually untoasted while the other is burnt. Higher settings are unusable.

Looks nice and has some good additional features, but isn't fit for the main job. May be a problem with some models as other people seem to not have this issue.
on 27 March 2009
Lovely looking toaster - stylish and modern. Robust, easy to use and clean, e.g. removal of crumb tray. Bought because it had good reviews compared to others and so far I'm really happy with it. Toasts pretty evenly and has a good range of functions, e.g. roll warming that worked surprisingly well.
on 2 December 2010
I am very impressed with this toaster, it browns evenly and quickly as well as looking modern and stylish in the kitchen. The pastry warmer is an added bonus and it is deep enough to toast a full slice of bread, so there's no cook half way and turn the bread round to toast the other end!! Would definately recommend.
on 17 February 2009
This toaster is excellent. It is easy to load, easy to unload a variety of thicknesses and the toasting is very even. Also has a "from frozen" switch. It is far superior to my Dualit which cost 3x as much and is less flexible on thickness.