on 28 March 2011
This machine changed the sound of music almost overnight. It was as if the electric guitar suddenly discovered a fourth dimension. Sure, it's not as bullet proof as an MXR or as sophisticated as an Eventide but if you want the best sounding flanger ever made, this is it. I have owned three so far and inthe eighties when I was too poor to buy one, I collected a list of endorsements by different guitarists from Steffy Sharpstrings in Here & Now to Andy Partridge of XTC to try and convince my parents how much I needed this machine. A beautifully raw masterpiece. I mean, if you were as rich as David Gilmour and you bought what is essentially a cheap bit of kit, there must be a reason!
on 3 January 2013
I've owned several Flanger FX pedals in the past and was really looking forward to using this one - based on its solid reputation. However, the pedal that I received would only output an effected signal with the "Filter Matrix" mode (which bypasses the automatic sweep). The mode for the actual Flanger effect delivered a completely dry, unaffected signal. Not good. OK, so I received a duff copy. But before I repackaged it to return to Amazon - I was struck by the very noticeable volume drop when the pedal is activated. I did a bit of research and discovered that it's a common complaint with the 'Electric Mistress'. There are 'mods' available to fix the volume drop - but obviously, they'd scupper your guarantee. And seriously, this pedal has been out there for SO long - isn't it time EH fixed that themselves? I'm currently waiting for my refund from Amazon - and I'm not sure if I'll buy this one again.