on 16 April 2011
Very good quality mic. The stereo image is not that wide though but good enough to give a reasonable stereo impression. It is handy that one can get a stereo file in any case which means it is useful for quick audio replacement for video editing. The low end frequencies are acceptable but not that rich.. Careful positioning gave a reasonable tonal balance and about 5inches below neck line was perfect for most actors. Remember that this mic needs powering from the recording device. Check that your device does this. A good buy for the money. Great for recording interviews but you probably need 2! There is a little bit of hiss with mics of this type as to be expected but the signal coming back from this mic is sweet so no complaints. Good quality cable is attached which is a nice touch. Remember that this mic needs powering from the recording device. Check that your device does this. A good buy for the money.
on 24 June 2011
The sound quality of my videos have gone through the roof after I purchased this microphone. With a canon 7D and this mic, my videos now look very professional. It is easy to clip on and I use this in conjunction with a mini recorder and then sync the audio tracks in my video editing software.

I would have perhaps purchased a black version if it were available so it would be less visible when I clip it to my collar.
on 21 June 2016
Microphone itself is great. The clip however snapped the first time I used it. Defeated the object of it being a clip-mic...
on 12 August 2010
The device is very good. It has great quality and can pickup very quiet recording very clearly. Brilliant product as expected from SONY.
on 30 December 2011
Having owned many different types of Clip-On mics, I have to say that I was expecting a LOT more from this considering the price. The mic itself was well packaged and delivered promptly, however when it comes to its performance, I found that it was very hard to get it to pick up my voice with any real volume, and if I turned everything up there was a **really** annoying background hiss. Now I know what you are all thinking, (wiring, interference, settings, etc.) but if I used the exact same setup with a Speedlink Clip-On mic, it sounds perfect with no hiss or volume issues. The reason why I got this was in the hopes that it would be better quality and that it's stereo, the faults I've had render either of these two benefits useless. Personally, I'd avoid it and stick to a Speedlink Clip-On or get a decent webcam with a mic and use that instead!
on 25 March 2016
I m using it together with zoom h1.
The structure of the product is very good, the cord is resistant and pleasant to touch, the microphone have a nice clip but, at the end of the day in a microphone what count is.... the sound.
I came from a ecm-cs3, and I was expecting better performances, but I've discovered that actually there is no match with the much cheaper cs3.
The only problem with the cs3 is that the clip is so close to the microphone that pick many movement noise, but with a proper position or using an additional crocodile clip I've fixed it.

I was expecting at least the same audio quality but I didn't got it.

I will keep it anyway, for making some video outdoor, where the cs3 has no suitable wind protection, but not exactly satisfied.

I would rather recommend cs3 for indoor recordings.
on 15 May 2011
This microphone works really well giving good clear sound. You must remember that it has a short lead. So to enable it's use for high standard presentation you will need an extension lead. This will let you move around and identify products or move to diagrams and notice boards.
on 23 February 2012
I used it together with the Sony ICD-PX312 - Digital voice recorder, and sadly the built in mic of the recorder produced better results. i knew the quality wasn't gonna be that of proper homestudio setup such as an mbox and a shure etc...but man , my laptop mic produces better results.worst mic ever...and i've plugged a few in in my time...don't buy this!!!! And i really don't know how anyone could have rated this with more than 2 stars.
on 2 January 2013
Good mic, great sound, little back ground noise. The mic needs plug in power, more common on video cameras and small devices, hence for computer use it needs a preamp that supplies power to the mic such as the Blue Microphones ICICLE. Blue Microphones Icicle XLR To USB Converter
on 2 March 2015
Great quality Microphone, but the L & R stereo channels are reversed! Silly fault and of little significence, probably the screen printing is mixed up. However I wish Sony did a mono mic designed for cam corders with a stereo input, as it is for dialogue Mono is the correct choice.