TOP 500 REVIEWERon 4 September 2017
Definitely glad I got another pair of these over the Vic Firth Nova Series. For a few extra pounds these are simply so much better.

What are the main differences? Well, the one that's most prominent is the feel in the hand. The Novas have a very silky, cheap type of feel. These feel well, more like wood than the Novas ever did, and the texture in the hand resembles higher quality wood more than the Novas and this ultimately leads to a better grip.
They feel better weighted and oddly somewhat lighter than the Novas I had too, which I for one am a fan of. Ultimately, the Novas are there for "B-grade Wood", and considering two pairs have broken on me in 7 months, one of these just in the past two weeks alone on my E-Drums leads me to question why it's not worth the upgrade.

Anyways, I haven't had these long enough yet to tell if they will last, but I will be sure to edit my review if they break in the not too-distant future. Based on my experience over the past couple of days though, I'd recommend these.
review imagereview imagereview image
One person found this helpful
on 14 June 2018
My daughter started drumming and her tutor told her in no uncertain terms that these were the only sticks to buy. We were asked to buy it ourselves which we did from Amazon which meant that he had no monetary incentive for him to recommend them.
on 30 March 2018
Good all-round drum stick.

Perfect for beginners and advanced players. Beginners go ahead and buy and advanced players I'm Shure you know if these will be right for you!

They are genuine Vic Firth sticks!
on 20 February 2018
Very happy with these. My son goes through loads of drum sticks and will only use these Vic Firth 5As . Local shop sells them for £13.95 so I was really pleased to find them on here, quite a saving. The box they came in was huge though.
on 23 September 2016
My daughter has been playing percussion for the last couple of years at school and her teacher advised to buy her a pair of drumsticks. I read all the reviews available and although these were more expensive than some options, I thought it may be worth it for a pair which last longer. Her teacher said that they were a good choice, they look good quality and hopefully they will last her a while.
on 25 April 2015
I'm just a novice but the sticks are 100% better than the cheapies supplied with my kit. Good weight and feel. Well finished. Nylon tips give a slightly different sound but only noticeable to a refined ear. Good quick delivery. Will be getting more in future.
2 people found this helpful
on 10 April 2018
Being a hard hitting drummer for over 30 years, these are the only nylon tipped sticks I have found to last longer than 1 or 2 sessions.
on 4 January 2018
Rayzm Drum Sticks 5A, Solid American Hickory Drumsticks/Beater Sticks, Wood Tips sticks are cheaper and are of the same quality,
on 20 January 2016
Great sticks, asked my son for a comment and he said.. they feel nice and balanced and aren't to slippery. Update - he's been using them for four months now, they are slightly shredded, just how he likes them. Apparently they have worn in nicely.
on 29 May 2017
My son uses these sticks and they are normally cheapest on Amazon - ideal stocking filler or Birthday present for the drummer in any household