Customer reviews

Size: 40 m|Style: Rotary|Change

VINE VOICEon 17 August 2013
This Brabantia rotary dryer is fine once it is in place, with one exception - it is unexpectedly high. My fault, I guess, for not reading all the way to the bottom of the details and seeing the height. Unfortunately, I had bought it for my elderly parents, who simply cannot reach to use it. At two metres high, it towers over them both.

The other negative, is that the design of the spear used for providing a stable foundation in the ground is such that getting it into the ground exactly vertical is difficult. Even equipped with my trusty spirit level (which I normally use for fence posts), I failed to get this as close to vertical as I wanted at the first couple of attempts (and you really don't want to know who much effort goes into digging it out again if you are not happy with your attempt at putting it in).

But, other than the height, and difficulty of getting the spear in at the right angle, this is a good dryer. Having realised that it is too tall for my parents, it has been dug up again and is now in my back garden. I'm 5'9" and it's too tall for me really, but I'll cope.

Recommended, but only for those 6 feet tall.
11 Comment| 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 July 2013
This was bought to replace a succession of cheaper dryers that only seemed to survive for a couple of years before the plastic lines stretch and/or tangle making it difficult to put up the dryer frame. This is a much better designed device, made of heavier gauge tubing with individual strands of UV resistant line between the dryer arms. The base of the main pole has a rounded plastic insert that acts as a bearing, allowing the dryer to rotate freely in its ground spike and there are plastic ties built into the frame to hold the lines in place when it is folded. The frame runs easily up and down the pole and there is a simple ratchet mechanism to lock it in place, making it easy to put up and take down. The ground spike also comes with a bright red plastic insert to seal the hole to grit and water when the dryer is removed for storage.

I would recommend a couple of tips if you purchase one of these:
1. Invest about £12 in the Brabantia cover as well. This should prolong the life of the lines and keep them clean if the dryer is left out in the open when not in use.
2. Getting the ground spike vertical when it has been hammered into a lawn can be challenging. Some long (3 - 6 inch) narrow wooden wedges can help to adjust the position once it is in the ground.

Although this costs roughly twice what I have paid for lesser versions in the past, it shows every sign of being much better value for money. Overall you get what you pay for.
on 30 May 2017
This is a very high quality washing line, solid and well made. It easily fits three loads of washing on it, yet doesn't take up masses of space. It spins and folds easily, but is higher than some other lines so if you are less than about 5 foot 2 tall you might struggle.

Others have commented that it is tricky to get the ground spike in straight, and we did find it tricky (no harder than any other washing line though). I would recommend taking it slowly, using a flat piece of wood over the top of the spike and checking frequently with a spirit level! If its not exactly level it doesn't really matter as the pole moves slightly inside the spike anyway.
on 5 June 2017
This was far too big for what I wanted (my fault), but Amazon were brilliant about taking it back. I orders Brabantia Essential Rotary Washing Line and Concrete Anchor Tube, 30 m - Silver instead.
on 27 May 2017
Really sturdy rotary drier. Huge capacity and quite tall - no problem in my family but some may find this problematic. Should be good for a number of years. I've bought cheaper options in the past and these don't last long before the pole rusts and breaks, confident this is built to last.
on 27 April 2017
Excellent dryer easy to erect and takes a large load of washing with room to spare really pleased I bought this. I am 5ft 6 ins and have no problem with reaching the lines, but you need someone strong to put the base fitting into the ground, however once in very sturdy.
on 4 March 2017
Good product strong and sturdy little stiff to open at first but eased after a while would recommend
on 25 April 2017
Very good quality rotary dryer. As an existing fan of Brabantia, I was not disappointed.
on 11 July 2017
Item as described and arrived promptly alas delayed a couple of days by Hermes.
The Topspinner is very good, but you do need a sledge hammer and spirit level to install the ground spike. That said the spike is not going to move once installed. All said a good buy.
on 4 May 2017
Looking good and now in use as the weather has changed.