Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Exclusive playlist - Elton John Pre-order now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Style: GROOVETOOL|Change

on 12 March 2013
Both cartridge and stylus represent very good value and provide excellent performance. We use this combination for radio broadcast when vinyl is the only option. As not all presenters know how to handle this older technology, it is surprising that, to date, no one has wrecked the stylus - unlike other much more expensive cartridge/styli combinations that claim to ne rugged. But should the styli need replacement it will save over £40 by comparison. Pay careful attention to how the terminals need to be connected when replacing an existing cartridge. Make a note of which colour lead goes to which symbol on the existing cartridge before disconnecting it ( L+, L-, R+, R-). then connect each lead to the correct symbol on the new cartridge. A small pair of pliers and a magnifying glass helps a lot. NEVER apply a soldering iron to the contacts on the cartridge as heat will most certainly destroy the cartridge.
on 28 October 2010
The stylus broke on my old Pioneer turntable during a house move. I had been trying to just find a replacement stylus, but saw this as a whole cartridge and stylus for the same price. What can I say, it works. And, it works well. With added advantage that it is easy to get a replacement stylus if the unfortunate happened again.
on 30 October 2010
brought out the turntable to record some more of my vinyl, to my horror the arm had come loose and the stylus damaged. Thank goodness amazon.co.uk was able to provide me with a seller who stocked these as i have had the turntable for some years the price service and delivery by the seller was excellent it even arrived before the email telling me it had been dispatched.more vinyl to be converted in the winter months
on 16 July 2013
Because I have two turntables I wanted a cheap replacement for my player I play my scratched, well worn records on to me the sound is nearly as good as my old SHURE cartridge and the cost was a lot cheaper than a replacement Stylus, so if your records are worn consider this as an ideal replacemnt
on 9 January 2012
I had problems obtaining a replacement stylus in Spain where I spend a lot of time.

I ordered it from Amazon and had a quick delivery to my daughter's address in the U.K. and she brought it with her on a visit and within minutes I was able to get back to transferring old LPs to CD.

Iwas pleased with both the quality and price of the product.
on 2 July 2015
Arrived very quickly. Was fiddly to fit but it was the first time I've ever fitted - didn't take to long so anyone whose a pro will find it very easy. Have used for a few days now and so far they seem a very good alternative to the more pricey versions. Good sound quality but will have to see how they fair after a few mixes. Overall very happy with service and product.
on 24 February 2016
Not a bad buy - didn't find any distortion through the cartridge tho there could well be ' lighter ' ones that may sound better but I must say for the price (cartridge + needle) Im happy with this buy!
on 23 June 2014
Bought this as a complete replacement for an old cartridge that I could not source a replacement stylus for. I thought it was good for the money as my LP's are not in brilliant nick and don't deserve audiophile specification kit. Having said that, the treble response was very strong from this cartridge - cymbals really stand out from the mix - probably a little too much for my liking. Not sure if that is the true recording or whether I've just got a rogue unit, but I guess I can turn the treble down on my amp without spending a penny extra.
on 22 December 2014
The product is NOT an original Numark GTRS. The needle does not fit well on GrooveTool cartridge, the cantilever is thicker and sounds so acute. Caution, the poor quality can damage the grooves of your records. :-(
on 11 March 2013
Good value, worried because the price was so low, needn't have they were very good. You wouldn't notice any difference from what was in before.