on 6 March 2015
 Great strings. just fitted them. No problems. I do not understand why people say they do not sound crisp. They sound just as crisp as the D'addario's i was previously using. They do not come in the little anti corrosive packets though. Which d'addarios do come in. I'll update my review on how long these bad boys keep their tone. The previous strings were on my guitar for around 4 months.

I use the yellow pick here: Dunlop Tortex - Standard Plectrum Set (Pack of 6) - 0.5 - 1.14 mm

I recomend you use this on your strings after playing, and before to take care of your strings. You can also put this on your fretboard when you change strings to take care of it. GHS Fast Fret Guitar String Cleaner and Lubricant
4 people found this helpful
on 10 June 2016
After more than 40 years as guitar player, Elixir strings are my string of choice. The 'nanoweb' binding and protective coating help to reduce unwanted sounds as fingers slide on strings and, best of all, they help to preserve the full, bright sound of the strings by resisting the unseen corrosion that would normally occur simply from touching the strings. In my experience, Elixir guitar strings, although initially not the cheapest, will hold their tonal qualities for at least three times as long as cheap strings. That makes them a sound economic choice as well as being more pleasing to play.
on 8 September 2016
Superb playability, super smooth and the coating reduces corrosion and dirt build up. They hold tune really will and complement my Taylor 314ce perfectly. The 13-53 gauge give great sound with a bright tone but are not so stiff as to impede your technique. These are by far the best strings I've ever used and in my quest for the ultimate acoustic guitar strings, I think I may have finally found them.
2 people found this helpful
on 10 July 2017
I love these strings and have been using them for year. They do genuinely last longer than your normal strings and I like the tone that they give you. I tend to only play my acoustic infrequently but do leave it hanging on a wall bracket and despite that with these strings they don't rust or feel worn when I do pick it up.
VINE VOICEon 14 December 2016
I have used Elixir strings on different acoustic guitars and they have enhanced the sound of each one. Quite simply, they are superb, not cheap but for sheer quality, endurance and sound, cannot be beaten.

I have fitted them now to a Luna Muse I acquired a while ago and they have significanttly improved it. Beautiful, ringing tone, quite a transformation.

After a period of experimenting with other makes, I am now going to stick with Elixir strings.
on 20 March 2014
Never use anything else; they stay in tune, even with a full tone bend on the E and B. They don't discolour or rust and the Nanoweb coating stops the wire-wound strings filling with gunk and as a result, they just last and last.

Another benefit of the Nanoweb coating is that if you're a thumb pick user, the wire-wound strings don't abrade the plastic of your pick, which can result in a grating feel and a raspy tone. I've just had my well-used Taylor serviced and the luthier fitted Dean Markley. This has had the effect of reminding me why I've stuck with Elixir for the last ten or more years so they've come off half used and the Elixirs are back in place. Phew!

And for what it's worth, I can be quite hard on strings (I use nickel banjo finger picks for extra volume) and I think in the last ten years I've not actually broken more than a couple of top E or B.
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 16 May 2016
These strings are over twice the price of the equivalent Martin strings that I used to buy but I wouldn't go back after trying these Elixirs. They make both my acoustics sound so much better. I'm not sure why as they are the same apart from the coating. To me they feel softer on the fingers which make barre chords easier. As I only play my guitars at home they should last at least a year before needing replacement but crucially should keep their tone for the whole of that time.
on 17 July 2017
I am a professional guitarist, as they are coated these strings last longer and are super reliable, i use them for all of my guitars from vintage martins, lowdens and big gibsons sound great for all styles of music.
on 6 March 2018
I think these strings are incredible. The tone and depth are absolutely staggering. Sometimes its worth spending a little bit more on strings,because of the quality that they provide.These are a 12 gauge set ,they are very easy to play,and make any acoustic sound beautiful
on 1 August 2013
I have used this brand for many years. They probably last at least twice as long as cheaper strings in terms of maintaining their tonal qualities. I've always taken any multiple greater than two for longevity as a slightly ambitious marketing statement, but maybe its because I don't go to the extent of wiping the strings after each session. However, the coating cuts down on much of the squeak that I find I get on occasions with certain chord changes but not so much that the natural sound of the guitar is lost. If you haven't tried them, give them a go and from this retailer (in the US) which is the best price I have come across (apart from occasional 3 for 2 deals). Plan your needs ahead though as the delivery could be two to four weeks.