Size: 11500 Loop-End Light (10-34)|Change

on 3 February 2011
If you play at all (not just a Mandolin) you REALLY should try the Elixir nanoweb brand.

Ive been a casual/committed/lunatic acoustic guitar player for over 40 years now and can still remember Saturday mornings, in the yard on the camping stove, boiling my sets of bronzewound strings in Daz for the coming week. (DONT try this with classical strings......)

Oooooh, the SMELL...

When my son started playing just over a year ago, he was told about Elixir strings; all sorts of technical explanations about "antirust" coatings boils down the the fact that the strings stay playable for MUCH longer - certainly the extra few pennies you spend on the set is more than made up for by a good month of "new string" sound.

Yeah - thats what we want!
on 21 February 2011
I really like these strings. They do as they say and stay "bright" for a lot longer than normal strings.They also seem to maintain an acceptable tone and stay in tune for longer than usual.
The loop ends are well made and stay secure; not always the case with light gauge strings. I shall continue to use them. Definitely worth the extra cost.
on 10 August 2013
makes my poor standard of playing sound better than it is!! Their longevity second to none, the sound stays crisp and bright. Very happy with this purchase.
on 4 January 2014
Strings are a personal preference and I've always liked Elixir strings. These ones are no exception. They hold their tuning well and sound bright.
on 14 December 2012
I have used these strings for several years and found they do what the makers say,they last longer and cleaner and sound better after much longer period than other makes.
on 26 October 2013
As this product was almost three times the cost of other reputable brands I was expecting the sound to "wow" me but it didn't unfortunately. They are a good set of strings with a clear, bright tone but ridiculously over-priced. I'll be looking elsewhere next time I think.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 May 2016
love these strings on my Eastman 404 round sound hole mandolin bright tones but for my Eastman 505 f hole I use a heaver guide but that's my personal liking.
on 20 July 2014
Crisp, clean and overall great tone. These strings also last for an incredibly long time and still retain great tone.
on 7 February 2016
I have been using Nanowebs on my acoustic guitars so I thought I would try them on the mandolin. They are superb.
on 2 August 2013
I'm only an occasional user of my guitar these days but so far the sound is good, all very satisfactory.

See one answered question