Customer reviews

Nylabone Puppy Starter Kit, Pack of 3
Colour: Blue and White|Change

on 5 May 2016
**I have no other issue with Nylabone and check his chews on a regular basis and he loves them.
The below post is personal experience and my personal opinions only**

I bought this puppy starter kit from pets at home for my boy and it has been sat in a bag waiting for him to turn 6 months before he has them. There is a clear advisory on the back that these are not suitable for under 6 months. Yep, got it! ✅

After reading the enclosed instructions of supervising your pup when they are chewing so they don't break off big bits I sat and gave him the sandy coloured chew. Again doing exactly as the manufacturer advised ✅

Within 10 seconds I noticed a big chunk missing from the end of the chew. I took the remaining part out of his bed and looked for the missing bit. He had tried to swallow the entire end and began to choke. The piece was too far down his little throat for my to pull back out and you could see he couldn't breathe.
If it wasn't for people sharing things on these groups I would have had no idea how to help my dog when choking. (Thank you all for sharing mega useful things like that)
I managed to dislodge said piece and put it up out of the way immediately. This entire thing was no longer than 35 seconds max.
He caught his breath and was breathing normally, got up and picked up one of his other toys like nothing had ever happened. I checked him over and no damage at all.

The packaging states a weight guide of up to 11kg. Mine is only around 7-8kg and a moderate chewer. These bones snap very easily and I was able to break a bit off no problem. (the bits to the right of the bone)
I personally will stay well clear of the edible Nylabones in the future considering these are designed for teething puppies. It was way too easy to break for my liking.

Will I purchase Nylabone products again? Yes as the hard plastic ones are great and if you keep checking them on a regular basis then I see no problems personally.

Would I recommend this pack to new puppy owners? Absolutely not. (This is my own personal opinion based on the above events)

I feel the need to share this with you all so it doesn't happen to anyone else. We were very lucky this time!!
review imagereview image
22 Comments| 87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 14 August 2017
Our pups loved the meaty bone, that one kept them occupied for weeks, the white bone isn't much of anything, just hard rubber with a plastic smell and they weren't impressed with it. If they play with it at all, it's to throw it across the room and watch it bounce. The knobbly one though, that intrigued them quite a bit and is a favourite toy. So, two out of three isn't too bad and I'd say we got our money worth out of this set with the hours of peace and quiet while they chewed two of these. It also helps that they went for those rather than the furniture or shoes. I'd say it's a winner.
on 31 March 2017
Bought for my 10 week old Sprollie who loves to chew everything going. Only one bone is suitable for puppies up to six months which I hadn't realised but even so, my puppy is not that bothered with it...bought a stag bar antler chew instead, which he can't get enough of!
on 15 May 2017
they were great to begin with but puppies were easily able to destroy the first one and it says to throw them away if obviously damaged.
on 10 November 2017
Nice set of chew bones for various stages..still only using the first one as have a young puppy. Good quality product so stays intact and doesn't fall apart. Safe regarding no pieces to choke on etc.
on 20 July 2017
my pup loved these, one of them is edible so it is a nice treat.
on 11 November 2017
Found this set to be a huge waste as the puppy chew was fine but by the time he was old enough to try the other two bones he was too big to use them safely. Thought it was quite a waste.
on 30 July 2017
Our chi pup likes the chicken one which we give to him at night which he likes as a bedtime toy and we have the others in reserve for when he's older. So far he's hardly made an impression on it!
on 28 April 2017
Dog not one bit interested in these.
on 19 August 2017
The puppy only got to the first one so far (too young for the other too), but it is his favourite bone (other than the real one)