Customer reviews

Price:£70.29+ Free shipping

on 9 May 2011
I bought this to provide frost protection for the sink in my garage at low cost. I set it up in the cupboard under the sink and set it to just off the lowest setting. It protected my pipework during the last severe winter.
on 2 January 2013
seems fair value for money. placed under cold water tank in the loft and set temp setting to frost guard
on 15 November 2011
On the face of it a little "pricey" compared with cheapo heaters but a very robust heater which should give long and reliable service. It is the only heater I have come across with a thermostat which actually provides accurate and economical frost protection.

Note that it can also sit flat.
on 25 July 2014
My father bought one of these in the early '80's and used it day and night over the coldest days of winter. I now use the same heater all through the worst days and nights of winter, but nothing lasts forever and so I have bought this new one in preparation for the sad day when the old one dies, which, given the use it had last winter especially, I must, sensibly, expect. Although, it does seem to be ready, willing and able to go on and on, providing, safe, adjustable, warmth at a negligible cost, portably and though functionally designed, not without style. No wonder I don't ever want to be without one.
on 6 June 2014
I was loaned one of these heaters many years ago to use in my camper van, it did the job perfectly. I was pleased to find that the same heater is still produced today. They are perfect for caravans and campers as they are low wattage , safe to use and are sturdy enough not to get knocked over easily. The frost setting is ideal for leaving them in your an over winter without the worry of using too much electricity. Though they seem pricey compared to some of the alternative heaters that are available, they are well made reliable and safe to use. They are safe to leave on all night in the camper, the most important thing for me is the fact that they do not make a noise unlike a fan heater that disturbs your sleep when the start up. Well worth paying the extra for this heater. Small to store away too.
on 10 October 2014
When I bought my first one of these two years ago I found it so useful for keeping cold parts of the house and our motorhome warm through the winter months that I purchased a further three of them. I have only used them during the winter on the 2 - 3 setting so they are lightly used. One by one the plastic casing holding the wires on the rear "wall" of the inside have dissintigrated into little pieces because of the heat. I phoned Dimplex to try and buy replacement casings but they don't sell them as spares. I now have four perfectly good heaters that cannot be used because of this and considering that they are not cheap I would definately not recommend them to anyone. There are much better and cheaper heaters on the market.
on 16 February 2013
I now have 3 of these, used in a motor home laid up for the winter (negates the need to drain down!) , another used in a conservatory, and another used in a small greenhouse. One went wrong after 2 months, e-mailed Dimplex direct who after a sight (via e-mail) of my receipt promptly sent a new replacement, no charge and the faulty one not required to be sent back. Excellent customer service!
on 3 April 2014
Edited review as product was no good.

I have a really old one of these and it is good so needing to keep the chill off another room I bought this one. It doesn't seem to heat as well as the older one - it did arrive with a hole bashed into the packaging but I tested it and it got warm to assumed it was OK.

However, it never really seemed to achieve any real warmth, I know these are not meant to be hot but with my old one you could feel the warmth in the room as you entered, with the new one you could stand in front of it and still not be sure it was on.

It wasn't used over the summer, so resumed use just under a year from purchase and it failed to get past tepid even on high setting, then stopped completely.

I was going to return it but found I had to pay the postage upfront and it would be refunded 'if the item was found to be defective' which didn't look too hopeful so it went to the dump and I won't buy from the company again.

BE VERY CAREFUL, the company post these out in bin liners with no protection other than a thin box that the heater is supplied in, and aren't keen on refunding for faulty or damaged items.
on 11 February 2014
We use ours just on the frost function in our garage/shed. Works well and keeps the damp and frost out.
on 27 November 2015
Bought this to use on my boat. It is ideal as I set the thermostat to a low heat and it just takes the edge off the cold and keeps the atmosphere dry.