Customer reviews

on 22 May 2017
These are great for removing unwanted vibrations from studio monitors, I use them underneath a pair of JBL 305lsr's and while they are never really that loud, the difference is clear and they are safer sitting on this foam than just on the stands. My ONLY tiny complaint (and this won't bother everyone) is that the pads were not cut perfectly and therefore don't quite line up when placed on the stands. This in NO WAY impacts the products ability to do what its supposed to do, but it bothered me enough because of my crazy OCD, they just look wrong and I keep wanting to line them up perfect and you just can't, lol. Still worth getting if you use studio monitors or any kind of desk/stand based speakers that produce vibrations.
VINE VOICEon 3 April 2016
I have a £4000 pair of floor standing speakers that weigh in at 22kg. I placed four of these pieces (one box full) under the usual slate that my speakers stand on. I didn't expect much but was very pleasantly surprised how much of a positive effect this had on the sound quality. I had to buy two boxes for around £50 but the improvement has fully justified the cost. Whatever speakers you have I would give them a try as you may be surprised at the improvements. If you have big speakers it may be worth trying the Auralex pro pads for studio monitors. Recommended.

Pros
Can be a very effective and cheap tweak that not only tightens up the bass end but seems to open up the sound giving a little more space around instruments and vocals. You may notice a reduction in bass extension because the reverberation of a sprung floor that helps muddle extended bass has disappeared. I have tried a set of $800 specialist isolation spikes on my speakers and they had less of a positive effect on the sound quality than these pieces of foam.
Well made. And can support my 22kg speakers.
Reduces the vibration that is transmitted through suspended floors that can make its way to your rack and turntable.

Cons
Very large speakers can wobble a bit when knocked as they have been de-stabilised and this may not be child safe.
on 31 March 2015
Expensive bit of foam... but it does what it says on the tin. At least my ADAM A7X monitors don't crush the hell out of them. They do stop surface bound vibrations very well (as I would expect them to for the price) but more than anything I think you are paying for the brand name and US import. Auralex are one of the leading names in Acoustics and acoustic treatment, so they can be trusted... Saying that I did get another set for my other studio monitors! They are good, but I am sure there are cheaper alternatives!
on 29 April 2015
I have a set of Acoustic Research Studio Monitors that I would normally have sitting on a £500 set of speaker stands! I have moved into a smaller flat because of circumstances so the speaker stand's became a 'problem' for location within the 'living room', also made difficult because of the unusual shape of the room! These 'Auralex' speaker pads, are the 'perfect' answer for the 'audiophile' who wished to have his/her speaker raised of the (in this case a sideboard_, to enable better bass response and audio clarity. Some would say 'pricey' for a couple of pieces of foam! NO! You het what you pay for! Superb, highly functional and they do work if not as effective as my 'high end' speaker stands, they still achieve pretty good performance criteria in my book. Recommended, if like myself 'space' is at a premium!
on 24 June 2017
This is possibly the most expensive bit of firm foam I've ever bought. However, it does the job very well and saved me a lot of time sourcing and cutting my own.
on 21 January 2015
Like many others, didn't believe this would make a huge difference, but I needed to be able to tilt my speakers forwards, as they are sat on a rather tall chest of draws and this seemed like a good solution.

Result: Gobsmacked. Bass is way tighter overall, and imaging generally seems to be improved. Sounds like different speakers (B&W DM602s3 for those that are interested) Definitely (grudgingly) worth the money.
on 16 June 2017
Good product - did the job of cleaning up stray frequencies. Easy to modify for specific use.
A.M
on 11 September 2016
Great product makes more of a difference than you would think, still use to this day and great price!
on 1 May 2012
I bought these mainly because i wanted to stop using spikes on my wood floor. So cosmetic reasons really. I did not think they would make a discernible difference to the sound. I was wrong. They certainly did. A great buy.
on 11 November 2015
Third buy, previously been very pleased with acoustic benefit. This time annoyed to find slight but telling differences in size (1 or 2 mm) between the pads, so that kit is sitting slightly (enough to be visible) off-level.