Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop now New Album - Steps Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 31 August 2013
2 major benefits of the mo-pads in my set-up:

They sufficiently prevent speaker vibration turning my whole AV cabinet into an involuntary speaker.
They enable you to angle the centre speaker to point more directly at your ears rather than at knee-level. As our knees aren't especially capable at hearing, this is a Good Thing.

I was surprised at how many pads you get, giving you quite a few mounting and angle options. Has really helped me hear more of the drivers and less of the cabinets. When you consider how much we spend on half-decent home cinema set-ups, it's really worth the money to get your system performing at its best.
on 31 March 2015
Expensive bit of foam... but it does what it says on the tin. At least my ADAM A7X monitors don't crush the hell out of them. They do stop surface bound vibrations very well (as I would expect them to for the price) but more than anything I think you are paying for the brand name and US import. Auralex are one of the leading names in Acoustics and acoustic treatment, so they can be trusted... Saying that I did get another set for my other studio monitors! They are good, but I am sure there are cheaper alternatives!
on 1 May 2012
I bought these mainly because i wanted to stop using spikes on my wood floor. So cosmetic reasons really. I did not think they would make a discernible difference to the sound. I was wrong. They certainly did. A great buy.
on 29 March 2010
These are renowned amongst audio engineers for the great job they do of separating speakers from reasonant material e.g. a desk and hence producing a purer sound. They are quite pricey for what is just a few pieces of foam but they work and they work well.
on 29 April 2015
I have a set of Acoustic Research Studio Monitors that I would normally have sitting on a £500 set of speaker stands! I have moved into a smaller flat because of circumstances so the speaker stand's became a 'problem' for location within the 'living room', also made difficult because of the unusual shape of the room! These 'Auralex' speaker pads, are the 'perfect' answer for the 'audiophile' who wished to have his/her speaker raised of the (in this case a sideboard_, to enable better bass response and audio clarity. Some would say 'pricey' for a couple of pieces of foam! NO! You het what you pay for! Superb, highly functional and they do work if not as effective as my 'high end' speaker stands, they still achieve pretty good performance criteria in my book. Recommended, if like myself 'space' is at a premium!
on 21 January 2015
Like many others, didn't believe this would make a huge difference, but I needed to be able to tilt my speakers forwards, as they are sat on a rather tall chest of draws and this seemed like a good solution.

Result: Gobsmacked. Bass is way tighter overall, and imaging generally seems to be improved. Sounds like different speakers (B&W DM602s3 for those that are interested) Definitely (grudgingly) worth the money.
VINE VOICEon 3 April 2016
I have a £4000 pair of floor standing speakers that weigh in at 22kg. I placed four of these pieces (one box full) under the usual slate that my speakers stand on. I didn't expect much but was very pleasantly surprised how much of a positive effect this had on the sound quality. I had to buy two boxes for around £50 but the improvement has fully justified the cost. Whatever speakers you have I would give them a try as you may be surprised at the improvements. If you have big speakers it may be worth trying the Auralex pro pads for studio monitors. Recommended.

Pros
Can be a very effective and cheap tweak that not only tightens up the bass end but seems to open up the sound giving a little more space around instruments and vocals. You may notice a reduction in bass extension because the reverberation of a sprung floor that helps muddle extended bass has disappeared. I have tried a set of $800 specialist isolation spikes on my speakers and they had less of a positive effect on the sound quality than these pieces of foam.
Well made. And can support my 22kg speakers.
Reduces the vibration that is transmitted through suspended floors that can make its way to your rack and turntable.

Cons
Very large speakers can wobble a bit when knocked as they have been de-stabilised and this may not be child safe.
on 26 July 2015
Works great combined with Q Acoustics 3020. Bigger than the picture seems to indicate, so you can easily fit speakers on it.
I could also use the additional pieces of foam (used to change the orientation of the speakers) to isolate some other pieces of equipment.
on 29 September 2016
I wanted a cheap way to reduce a bit of bass boom (my speakers are close to a corner) and to raise the height a few inches, to align the tweeter to my ears. My speakers are fairly high end Proac, very solid and heavy build, but the foam does not compress, or at least not to the point you notice. I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome - possibly more due to the height adjustment, but there was a touch more clarity and a more noticeable improvement to image stability/placement. Can't say it had a big effect on the bass, it is a bit easier to separate a double bass from the kick drum now. Overall, given how expensive any kind of hi-fi tweak tends to be, this is a cheap and effective addition to the armory.
on 21 August 2013
These really are a superb set of pads that make a great difference.

I have had my speakers for many years and didn't appreciate the difference to the sound output made when they are just sitting on a shelf.

Now they sit on the pads, not in contact with anything else, the sound output is much improved.

I really think these pads should be recommended by the speaker manufacturers as I would have gotten these with the speakers if I had known

Very much recommended.