Customer reviews

on 8 July 2011
This 'film' has the look as a pilot for a long-running show, with the lead characters inevitably attracted to each other, a government agency overseeing the telepath's activities trying to prevent terrorism and a rather glib transition of the telepath from terrified and traumatised young woman into a functioning adult.

Up until the lead character suddenly learns how to control her telepathy I liked the film - it had tension, trauma and felt quite uncomfortable. Then the government turn up without any explanation of how they found Freya in the mental institution.

As a stand-alone film this is an OK DVD but, as a pilot film, it's a disaster. It's difficult to see how to make a series out of the idea that Freya can read minds and most people can't stop her doing this.

This is a pleasant enough film, just don't expect it to deliver much.
on 14 April 2014
I saw this movie on DVD many years ago (I think when it was first released). I liked it then and recently remembered it and thought I wouldn't mind seeing it again. There are not many films in my collection that I watch at least once every 3 years but this I think is going to be one of them. It is a "B" movie or a "made for TV" or "straight to DVD" movie but don't let that fool you, it is surprisingly good. When I first saw it, it felt like a Pilot movie for a TV series, maybe it was but I guess the executives didn't think it would attract enough ratings and pulled the plug - shame because it has a good storyline. If you like action thrillers, with a little bit of comedy in it and an unusual storyline (which is rare these days!) then I think you'll like this film.
on 31 December 2017
This was a pilot for a tv series which unfortunately didn’t get picked up and it was then released as a film. As such it’s not brilliant but if you view it as a prelude to a series it makes a lot more sense. Interesting and irreverent but obviously quite low budget
on 21 November 2008
Seems an obvious pilot, but it works as a standalone film as well. Acting good, script ok - good chemistry brought out between the leads. I agree with the reviewer who said the end rather blocked off some avenues of character exploration if it had gone on to be a series. But then if it had, Numbers and Stargate Atlantis might have been too different. The first half had the interesting psychological angles; the second half had Joe Flanigan; both were fun to watch.
on 27 January 2009
Joe Flanigan is known for his starrole in Stargate Atlantis. So when I canme across this movie I bought it alone for him and I was not disappointed. He plays a cop who must team up with a girl with special powers. Of course he does not believe it at first.
The female actor is not all that good, but the story line is a fine one.
2 people found this helpful
on 30 August 2014
An original story which was fascinating and interesting to watch. The only thing I had against it was that there could have been so much more to it. I felt the film was unfinished as there was so many stories to come out of the film I think it could have been made into a TV series.
on 21 December 2016
Would have made a great series.
on 1 July 2009
Personally I don't know why previous reviewers thought the lead female was bad, I thought she was fine. Not as good as she is in Numb3rs, but certainly not awful. I certainy agree that the rest of the cast are good, especially Joe Flanigan. Overall, I thought that the movie was interesting and fun. If this had spun off a TV series I'd want to watch it!
3 people found this helpful
on 8 February 2014
Purchased because I love Joe Flanigan (SGA) - was a great movie and well worth money I paid for it
on 14 July 2006
I agree with one of the other reviewers that it was like a pilot to a series. It was a great idea but the leading lady did spoil it slightly.

On the other hand, a stand out for me was Joe Flanigan (Stargate Atlantis). Even if he sings the scooby doo theme song. I was plesently surprised by this after renting it.