Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 30 March 2017
Nice to see the records being produced on 180gm vinyl. As someone who grew up with vinyl but in an age where CD's then MP3's were the way to buy music it's nice to finally be able to buy brand new vinyl for myself. I've noticed this newer records also have thicker cardboard and a stronger spine (if it's gatefold) than the old records, a nice touch that should help avoid your new records ending up old and battered like your parents records (if they're anything like my mum's albums anyway!).

This is a collection of classic Rolling Stones songs that sound excellent on the 180gm vinyl. It comes with some great songs such as Satisfaction, Jumpin Jack Flash, Paint It Black and many more. It's a double LP gatefold album. Definitely worth a buy if you like the Stones and want their best stuff on vinyl.

I do prefer the track listing on 40 Licks but that's not on vinyl.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on 16 March 2017
Yes, I was one of those who believed you could love only the Beatles OR the Stones, not both. I was young. Even though some of their songs did resonate with me, despite their lengthy career I have never bought single or album of theirs. Until now. I am happy I bought this one because there are some classic tracks. Aficionados might point at something other than a 'greatest hits' album (I know I would for bands I'm really fond of) as being more representative but for me this captures something of the time and brings back one or two happy memories. Hope it does for you too.
Yo! I'm loving the song Play with Fire. Who would have thought it? There's a story behind this hehe ...

When me and hubby first got together, he loved Mick Jagger (not in THAT way, in a musical way lol) but frankly, I couldn't stand him. The Stones were before my time and I couldn't even think of one song that they sang. He constantly (hubby) asked for Stones music and I constantly said I didn't want it played in the house when I was in etc. I can't stand The Rolling Stones I said often.

Come forward in time to Boxing Day 2012 and for some reason, Mick Jagger and The Rolling Stones came into conversation again (he never gives up trying! he's persistent I'll give him that) and he asked me how could I say I didn't like someone's music when I had never listened to it. Good point. I agreed, reluctantly. I asked him what I should listen to then, if he insisted and he suggested I buy an album from Amazon. I searched The Rolling Stones on Amazon to find dozens of albums. I asked him which one, he said pick any, they will all be great, Mick Jagger is a God! *yawn* So, I looked through a few and listened to samples of songs I liked the titles of.

Bizarre! I kept saying "Hey, I like this, this is great!" etc.

Cut a long and probably boring story short and I ended up buying this album. The first and only Rolling Stones album I have ever listened to or paid money for. Within minutes of it downloading I was rocking like a maniac to it, hurling myself around, laughing, singing along, saying how 'sexy' his music was and what a good mood it was putting me in *LOL* (you know what I mean!)

Its before my time this album but it is SHEER GENIUS. I am converted. I can now honestly say although Mick Jagger (the look of him) will NEVER be my thing, his voice is pure sexiness and pure rock. AWESOME.

I LOVE this album, ALL of it. I was playing it again this afternoon whilst baking corn muffins, singing along, swaying my hips, ya know .. moving like Jagger.

Very few albums do I like every single song on, but this one I do. I still say I am not a Jagger Fan and cringe when he goes on about The Rolling Stones but it was him laughing this afternoon when he came home from work to find me playing The Rolling Stones, this album.

My favourite track is Play with Fire. I also love Ruby Tuesday. I love them all.

FAB.
Early Stones as they moved into the stratosphere with some genius tracks
If you remember these tracks and no longer have the vinyl brilliant CD
if you've not listened to early stones give this a try and enjoy the musicianship growing
on 25 March 2017
Bought as going cheap...had on cd and thought worth a punt at the price. Audio quality exceeds many similar compilations and represents a worthwhile investment if you want an introduction to the Stones.
on 9 August 2017
So love the Stones and this is a great album of their older great music
on 1 April 2017
Perfect pressing of this classic stones album
on 17 July 2017