on 20 September 2013
This is one of the first games that I played for the PS2 and got actually. Can be difficult to play in some stages in the game as I have played other prince of Persia games for the x box 360.
Game looks a bit dated, not as much as other games I have. Like before, the difficult is the controls, but you get use to them. Doesn't really do much to the story though.
on 11 October 2004
I have been playing games for nearly two decades and have played through many classics like the various incarnations of Mario, Zelda, Metroid and many more but I still reckon, a year after getting this relatively short game, that it is the most fun I've ever had on a console. I think I've completed it about five times. It is such a joy to control and the athleticism of the main character eclipses the show- off satisfaction that you get from the Tony Hawk games by far. I got so used to running along walls that it became hard to imagine a platform game being fun without it. It isn't especially hard (even my dad completed it) but so enjoyable that it is worth revisiting, despite how bad the voiceovers are. The atmosphere of the levels reminds me of Ico and the puzzles usually consist of, "Hmmmm, how do I get all the way up there then?", which is a good point in the review to mention that I think the game gives one of the greatest impressions of vertigo that I have ever seen. If you haven't got this game, get it now and play through it before the next one is released. With San Andreas and the sequel to this game due over the next couple of months, it is the best time yet to have a PS2.
11 people found this helpful
on 8 June 2004
The Prince of Persia is a superb game. It's main selling point is being able to rewind time, although even if you don't use this feature, it is still very playable. The prince himself is very energetic, bouncing from walls and slashing weird sand creatures like his life depended on it (of which in a wierd sort of way it does, but I don't want to ruin the story). The game is brilliant, has a brilliant story and a very good ending to it. I wansn't really not into this sort of thing before I got it, my PS2 has been filled with Colin McRae Rally 04, Gran Turismo, TOCA Race Driver, but this game is really playable. Plus the Prince has good taste in clothes, but strangely throughout the game rips them off for some reason. I don't see this as a plus point, but some may. It deserves 5 stars, I can't think of anything wrong with it. As a matter of fact, I'm even playing through it again.
22 people found this helpful
on 14 February 2006
I love prince of persia.
I'm not usually a fan of puzzle games as there usually so simple and boring, but prince of persia combines it's puzzles with a unique free-roaming experience.
The game consists of you, the prince, and the beautiful princess Farah travelling through a HUGE empty palace. The scale of it is massive and the views and sounds from the castle walls are breath taking.
One of the most original features is that practically every object in a room is interactive.
Whereas most games would present you with an invisible wall if you jump at a window, prince of persia lets you climb, swing leap and sumersault throughout the whole building.
But this freedom isn't pointless. You have to work your way out of a room by activating a series of levers, drawbridges etc or you might just have to find and reach an exit.
All this is tied together with a fantastic story line. This is a romance and a Romeo and Juliet style one at that.
The one thing that I can pick out as a fault is the combat.
Enemy after enemy after enemy appears in front of you quite randomly, so you have to repeat the same old sword fighting moves to defeat them.
This doesn't detract, though, from an exciting and unique gaming experience.
on 22 September 2006
Id seen Prince of Persia when it was released and thought it looked good, but i'm not a big platform gamer so didn't bother with it.

I bought Devil May Cry for a fiver and that's a good game and a bargain i might add!

Now PoP, I saw the new releases and thought they looked the nuts, but i like to play the beginnings so thought i'd buy the first one and i got it for £7, I didn't regret it.

The matrix style moves never get boring, even if the fighting does get tedious, but saying that vaulting over a monster and plunging your sword into him is quite good fun.

The puzzles can be complex, but if your stuck get a walkthrough.

For under a tenner, welcome to a good few hours of fun.

Don't get it if you have an exam approaching!
on 20 October 2004
Being new to Amazon I've only just got round to writing this although I got the game a year ago. Whether you like battle games with chop-socky and agile swordplay, platform games with wall running, backflips and hairy jumps hanging 1000 feet in the air, cinematic games (I use that term cautiously because very few games are like playing films, but this is probably the closest thing you'll get, complete with stylish slo-mo and selectable camera angles, time-tampering, stunning visuals, humour, and its own plot and love story), you can't fail to be impressed by PoP. You'll find yourself really involved in it, as the Prince talks and moves just like a real person (apart from the wall running), and appreciating the attention that has been crammed into the whole thing - you even get to shower in the underground baths at one point! I think the sequel (meant to be quite dark and adult) will be hard pushed to improve on Sands of Time, but if the same team is behind PoP: Warrior Within I have every confidence in them to do the nearly impossible. An absolute must-have, you can't call yourself a PS2 owner if you don't own this.
13 people found this helpful
on 10 December 2005
I recently bought this game after a friend said how good 'two thrones' was. The game has a really good, imersive plot and introduces characters well for later in the trilogy. One thing I can say about this game that can't be said for other action/adventure games is that it has puzzles that make you think. The game combines the fighting a puzzle solving in a way that keeps fans of both styles of play interested. I would recommend this to anyone who is thinking about playing either warrior within or the two thrones because: a) It's a great game and b) It introduces the plot of the whole trilogy. If your up for a chalenge then this is the game for you :)
2 people found this helpful
on 27 February 2005
Fantastic, stunning, original and great fun. This game and its sequel are a completely new form of game play, too many times player think all games are the same... well no more! Buy it and love the athletic and inovitive style of this fanominal gaming experience.
One person found this helpful
on 12 February 2005
Prince of Persia is amazing,easily handled controls, a fighting better then any made so far,a detailed story and amazing graphics and cutscenes. The story never loses pace and the handling is superb. I would reccomend this is a must have for any gamer who likes a challenge.Each level is diverse and the attention to detail is astounding. Right to the finish thisgame is amazing. The only let dowm is some of fighting in the middle of the game is a bit repetitive, also some of the levels are so complex you do not know where to start.
But definitely every PS2 owner must own this game, at least for enough time to complete it, complete it be astounded. You have to play this game to understand. Order it now!
2 people found this helpful
on 22 September 2004
I just wanted to say that I have just completed this game and was very impressed with the game detail, story line and playability.
It has a very refreshing idea towards the game format from the dizzy heights to the death defying jumps and fast paced fight scenes.
The original concept of actually being able to control time and the Tomb Raider style puzzles to crack included in the action makes me give this game 5 out of 5!
10 people found this helpful