Customer reviews

on 27 October 2006
I ordered these baby monitors from Amazon and two days later a package arrived, which was just in time as it was the same day I bought my wife and baby son home from the hospital.
That said, they are the best monitors I've ever used. The sound qaulity is incredible even on a low volume you can hear every murmour or whimper baby makes. The talk back facility is very useful, especially when you want a hand with nappy changing, or a cup of tea. I've tried the Tomy monitors and they pale in comparison with these. Well worth the money.
on 1 August 2005
I have just bought the BT Digital Baby Monitor and it is absolutely superb. This is our second child - for the first we had the Tomy Walkabout Digital - which was useless. It had a very low non-adjustable sensitivity setting, so you could actually hear the child crying upstairs before it registered on the monitor downstairs. The parent unit would beep if the temperature became too warm (22c) which in the summer months was hopeless as even if you adjusted the windows and bedding accordingly, it would still beep, so you had to switch it off. But the worst thing was the link between the units. We live in an area where TV and radio reception are not great and we have a prob with digital phones. So in the evenings we would invariably lose the link between the units and they would beep loudly and continuously. So they had to be switched off and that rather defeated the purpose. Although they had two (manual) channels neither of them worked. SO - we bought the BT monitor for about the same money as we paid for the Tomy monitors three years ago and we love it. The night lights are dinky, the sensitivity is adjustable (perfect for a paranoid parent like me) it has talk back, not so much for reassuring your child as discussing options with your football-loving partner downstairs and best of all it has (count them) 120 channels which search automatically for the best setting. The link between the units is absolutely perfect and the reception crystal clear. Although it doesn't have a temperature monitor, i never really used that the first time as the temperature never fluctuated in the room much once I had checked it initially and we has a nursery thermometer in the room which we could use when checking up on baby. And if that is important to you you could always buy the BT digital baby monitor plus which has that facility for an extra £20. I wish I had bought this monitor the first time around. The parent unit is fully portable and the whole thing comes with a handy travel bag, useful for holidays or weekends away. Top product - simply for the fact that we have moved from a unit which couldn't maintain a link to one which has perfect clarity and a constant link.
11 Comment| 84 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 August 2006
I bought this monitor when visiting my parents in England because my US monitor wouldn't adapt to the different power supply. The monitor I use in the US is top-of-the-line and doesn't hold a candle to this fantastic BT monitor. The range and clarity is amazing. Our baby was sleeping on the third floor of the house and the monitor could easily reach the end of the garden and anywhere downstairs without a hint of interference. I wish I could find something comparable back home...
on 30 June 2007
I bought this unit a month ago. It is excellent VFM and works very well indeed. There is only one rather big negative - the power of the portable parent unit only lasts about five hours even after it has been on re-charge for 18 hours or so. When it starts to run low a small red light starts to flash and then it starts bleeping every 30 seconds or so. It will then go dead. Very annoying in the middle of the night. Of course, if you wanted it sitting in the re-charge unit 24/7 on the bedside table it would be fine, but otherwise it is fairly useless as a portable unit. It says you should use only re-chargeable batteries but I have to say that it will last a good few nights if I put normal power plus batteries in it. Be warned.
on 1 March 2007
We bought this monitor for our second child after getting through 3 Tomy digital monitors which kept breaking down. It is brilliant and the talk back facility is good for calming the baby down without actually going in her room. We couldn't recommend this monitor highly enough. We weren't too bothered about having a temperature gauge on it because we had a Grobag egg which was brilliant - until it broke down, but that would be another review!!!!
on 6 July 2007
I'm so pleased we bought this monitor.
The sound quality is excellent, and we have no trouble with reception, even though our house is pretty old with thick walls.
I've never really used the nightlight - it's not really bright enough to see anything by, but it is quite pretty.
The talkback facility is also useful, mainly for telling your husband to stop playing on the computer, but I have also successfully used it to reassure the baby as well.
on 24 April 2007
Bought this to replace an old analogue one which had poor reception, static and was driving me mad. This one is excellent, visual indication of level of noise in the room even if the volume is set to very low. Also has an alarm so if the room volume gets very high the parent unit volume increases to its mid setting and an alarm sounds once the second red light activates, never had it work yet but its a great idea. You can also increase the sensitivity so the lights show sooner or decrease it to cut out background noises activating the lights.

Wish we had bought a unit like this with our first child instead of the borrowed unit we had.
on 4 August 2007
This is a good option for a no fuss, plug and play monitor that works exactly like it should. Actually sometimes it works a little too well, picking up every harrumph and snort from our six week old son upstairs when he is having his nap!

Comes with a handy travel case and it's useful that the receiver end works with batteries. My one gripe is that when we do have it on batteries, it only lasts for around eight hours, so you have to replace them fairly fast.
on 26 July 2008
We bought this after some deliberation and reading the reviews on here. It was our first born so I will admit to being overly cautious. As soon as it was setup any worries dissapeared. Installation took 2 minutes, switching both units on and they found each other within seconds. There is a green light on the receiver to confirm they are both talking to each other.We leave it sat in the charging cradle most of the time but you can walk around the house with it or the garden and it still works 100%. The big difference I noticed with this and the Tomy one we tried before it is this has zero interference. If the babys not making noise its silent. If she as much as rolls over though it will kick in. It has a lighting scale as well realted to the volume te babys making which I found usefull. In summary I could not recommend this product enough, it does exactly what it's supposed to and does it extremely well.
on 13 September 2007
That's the third baby monitor I've bought (the first two were disapointing in sound quality and battery duration) and I am very happy. It's loud and clear, very sensitive.
My advice, don't use the included 1300mAh recharchable batteries. I used two high quality 2700 mAh AA batteries and there is no problem with the battery duration. It lasts really long (I would say two days when fully charged provided that you don't set the sensitivity to maximum and force the parent unit to always "work" picking sounds).