Customer reviews

Size: Pack of 1|Colour: Purple|Change
Price:£3.99+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on 17 August 2017
I decided to give the zoom groom five stars because my darling house cat found it very relaxing. He's a moggy, and would be classed as semi longhair, with a small ruff, underbelly and britches, and a fat fluffy tail. His fur is silky and fine, but it's extremely thick, especially his undercoat. His longest furry areas are about 3inches long.
I tried getting him used to a gentle brushing since he was a young boy, but it always turned into a game of rough housing, I would always stop as soon as he lost self control so he wouldn't think it was a game, but failed in the end. It got to the point where he'd get excited and frisky when he saw me get the comb. So in the end I just gave up. I had a cheapo plastic comb because I thought it was a waste to invest in proper combs and brushes, and I'd occasionally run it through gently, down his back and on either side, sometimes the tail, but basically I am not to comb/brush anywhere else (his rules, not mine *eye roll*)
The zoom groom has basic instructions that say to brush in a circular motion. It is very soft despite how spiky it looks, which is good because cats have delicate skin. My cat enjoyed it, like a massage, it was able to loosen up the fur in his undercoat, not much actually came off with the zoom groom, but I was then able to gently comb through the loosened fur and I got a decent amount of loose hairs out using the finer comb. What you see in the picture came from his sides and back using the fine comb. Although I still used the comb, the zoom groom help detangle and loosen things up. He found it very relaxing, purring and making the cutest sounds, so over all I am pleased with the product. He did try chewing the spikes, so I will have to hide it when not in use from the brat. But even if it doesn't remove much fur, I still recommend it because you can use it to massage and bond with your cat/kitten.
review image review image review image
on 16 May 2014
I bought a Furminator for my semi long haired cat, and yes they are pricey around £29. but they are amazing! trouble is my cat doesn't like it that much. she will tolerate it tho. so I thought I would try and look for something that she did like. hence my purchase of this. she was purring all the way through with this and yes I'd say it did pretty well for just over a £5, but takes a long time and doesn't come close to the Furminator. so you have to weigh up the pro's and cons for your cat. would you rather they had hair balls, and your clothes covered in Fur for their pleasure of the groom, or would you rather put them through a little discomfort to have loads of health benefits for you and your cat. ? and whether you can justify so much money on a de-shedding tool. I know my cat isn't all that fussy and she will tolerate most things that's why I knew it wouldn't be a waste of my money. I have taken a picture of both tools and the out come. I groomed her for the same time on each device. I used this product first and then the Furminator. see for yourself at the results.... with the picture I uploaded
review image
44 Comments| 66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 April 2016
My cats love this brush and come to me when they see I have it in my hand! It works very well but please note that it doesn't collect the fur in the bristles so it can be a bit messy. Burmese cats look super smooth and are really soft after a brush.
on 22 May 2016
Good tool for grooming my cats. Works really well on my shirt haired fluffy cat and he really likes it. Not so good on my long haired cat, but he hates being groomed and I find with the Zoom Groom he will tolerate it for longer than a brush and it relaxes him enough for me to get the more heavy duty brush on him. Overall pleased with this item.
on 16 May 2017
Both my cats enjoy being brushed and petted, but anytime I tried to brush them with this they would both immediately get up and run away. They both hated it from the very first time it touched them. Went back to using a regular cat brush.
on 3 April 2017
I couldn't believe how much hair comes off, in the end I was covered in hair myself. Chino my oriental short hair thoroughly enjoyed the session, normally he walks away when I'm brushing, this time he absolutely loved it. His coat felt like velvet afterwards.
on 26 July 2017
This really works and my cat tolerates it very well. I like that it doesn't leave loose fur which then goes into her stomach when she grooms herself and then ends up on my carpet (or even my bed; yuk!) as a fur ball! I also use it to get the fur off where she has been lying. It's a great brush but not for de-tangling or heavy duty grooming.
on 16 March 2015
Cute idea, but my cat just wanted to eat it. Had to throw it out in the end because I was worried he was swallowing the bits he chewed off...
review image
on 28 June 2017
Great product! Good quality and a lovely design. Fits comfortably in my palm. Our kitty doesn't seem to mind it. It works well - gets a lot of fur out without any tugging or making our kitty feel uncomfortable. So we're very happy and would highly recommend.
on 19 July 2017
Not really sure why this works so well - but it does. I start brushing the cat with it and suddenly lots and lots of his fur comes out - I try to do it regularly in the summer so that he doesn't ingest too much fur when licking himself and then barf it up on the sitting room floor!