Customer reviews

Very 'Eavy, Very 'Umble
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 16 April 2018
2nd time around and still great.
on 5 April 2013
I still have this album on vinyl, thought it was about time to get a CD for the car. I have really enjoyed hearing it again, often, and loud. The extra tracks provide good value for money overall, the only trouble now, is I want to upgrade all of my collection. Based on this purchase I am sure it will be done, now, what have I done with my skinny jeans?
2 people found this helpful
on 19 February 2017
Love it.
on 6 April 2013
Not my favourite Heep album by far, but it sounds much better on this version and more enjoyable. If you want Heep's first album for your collection, it is well worth buying.
One person found this helpful
on 7 March 2017
An impressive debut, with promises of what would follow.
on 15 May 2012
Maybe best vinyl that uriah heep have made. byron sing like angel 100%.
If you think. dont. Its best album and you most havet
One person found this helpful
on 10 December 2007
First saw Uriah Heep in the early seventies on the Students' Union circuit when they were promoting this album. Great night, it was. Obviously, I still have the vinyl in pristine condition, but will be getting the cd version to protect the original classic.
To my mind, Mick Box is an outstanding guitarist, who can hold his own in any company, past or present.
So do yourself a favour, and buy it. You won't regret it.
5 people found this helpful
on 18 February 2009
Two or three stand-out tracks on this album make "Very 'Eavy..." a must-have, namely Gypsy and Dreammare (both stunning), and - if you can swallow a vague distrust of sentimental-anti-war-ballads - Come Away Melinda.

A lot of the rest is vaguely bluesy filler.
4 people found this helpful
on 30 April 2012
This was purchased out of curiosity mainly because Uriah Heep were rehearsing at Hanwell at the same time as Deep Purple were preparing to record "in Rock".
Unfortunately for the Heap it is not as good.
on 28 August 2013
Haven't heard this in nearly 30 years, but brought it for the nostalgia factor and really glad I did. It's as fresh as it was all those years ago
2 people found this helpful