Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Pre-order now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Format: DVD|Change

on 31 August 2004
I only only heard about this film after being told the first film was amazing.Barbershop 2 continues with the first film as Calvin and his team face a new challange as a new barbershop called "Nappy Cutz" is opening to steal Calvin's customers and shut him and the rest of the block down!
To make thing's worse Calvin's relative Kenard comes to join him and his team,and isn't as good as he says!
Barbershop 2 has more laughable gag's than the first,now they have to face this challange otherwise it's the end for Calvin and his team.......
on 3 July 2007
I loved the first "Barbershop" but to me the sequel has a lot more in depth with its characters and we learn a little more about each one and how they have improved since the first film. If "Back in Business" has any flaws, it's that there is not enough action inside the barbershop, where most of the action took place in the first film. The movie is a bit of a repeat of the first movie (the barbershop is threatened by closure, this time by competition). There is a little more drama with "Back in Business" that never slows the film down; a little drama never hurt anyone, did it? Either way, I did thoroughly enjoy it because it sprinkles some soul-pleasing themes about community, loyalty, and ethnic harmony.

Queen Latifah makes a great addition to the cast, as the sharp-tongued proprietor of a beauty salon next door. Ice Cube, who I think has come along way, portrayed his character realistically and likeable but sometimes appear wooden at times. There is also a hilarious scene where the Alderman tries to have a photo opportunity in the barbershop and everything goes wrong. What's New to Barbershop 2 is the back story telling how Cedric The Entertainer's character came to be at the barbershop and the experiences of the barbershop back in the 50s and 60s (reminded me of an old "Good Times" episode). These scenes are well done and tells us whey Cedric The Entertainer's character is allowed to do virtually nothing at the barbershop.

There are so many other good characters: Isaac (Troy Garity), Terri (Eve), Jimmy (Sean Patrick Thomas)... Too bad so many of the supporting characters rely on stereotypes. For instance, we know that the Alderman is corrupt and a pervert within seconds of seeing him, and that the ridiculously uptight-looking white man sitting next to Eddie on the train is going to say something stupid and ignorant. During that part I just shook my head, for some reason we are unable to stay away from those predicament.

Barbershop 2: Back in Business' doesn't offer us anything new as far as content but I will recommend it because the shop scenes are just plain funny and sweet just like the first film.
on 2 September 2010
this is a good movie
usually when i movie has a sequel its not as good as the first one, but i found that this movie was just as good as barbershop 1. there is more laughter and more drama.
on 17 April 2016
I simply don't get it. Why UK version dvd is always cutting some of the running time from the original movie? This has been cut from 4 minutes out.
on 17 August 2013
I watched this film twice... I gave it a 3 star rating because I still can't seem to make up my mind about it! It has good story line but!!!!
on 3 September 2013
enjoy this movie, children luv it, gud laugh....laugh were u want forget the rest life to short... keeping it real
on 22 February 2013
brilliant condision and came in quite quick time no scraches on the disc ither very impressed with the standered !
on 8 January 2014
Was not my cup of tea. I did not like the humour and found it difficult to keep interested in the goings on.
on 3 April 2013
this is a fab film the first and second what can i say its funny cool and doesnt bore you would recommend
on 13 January 2010
Another installment from ice cube, its a good laugh but not as good as the first one, its watchable