Customer reviews

One Foot in the Grave - Series 1 [1990] [DVD]
Format: DVD|Change

on 11 February 2015
Maybe the series needed a little time to 'hit its stride' (by the third, it certainly had) but I consider some of the episodes here to be among my favourites and I decided to watch this brilliant series once again - but this time in order.

I knew I was in for a treat but forgot how ridiculous the situations Victor weekly finds himself in, could be. I also forgot how 'dark' parts of it could get. It was always must-see TV to me and feel it was the last really brilliant sitcom made - sad as that's 15 years ago when it ended, but when I use the word 'brilliant', I really mean it.

Yes, I could have bought the box set but didn't want to zip through the episodes at the rate of a series a day!
on 28 April 2015
One of the best comedy programs you are likely to ever watch. Richard Wilsons performance as the miserable and razor sharped tongued Victor Meldrew is one of the best comedy performances in this generation. I would recommended One foot in the grave to anyone who wants to be laughed to tears.
on 12 June 2017
Brilliant, such a funny man and a great show
VINE VOICEon 7 November 2006
Series One of "One Foot in the Grave" is, perhaps, more subdued than future series and is almost gentle by comparison. The six episodes here focus almost entirely on Victor, his wife Margaret, and Mrs Warbuoys. Less outrageous than later series, the episodes are still marvellously written and very funny.
on 25 January 2017
Excellent
on 11 February 2018
My funniest collection of pure situation comedy!
on 19 January 2016
I would recommend the seller but became bored with the series
on 24 January 2016
very good happy with it
on 16 October 2015
Very pleased with this. Haven't watched it yet as a Xmas pressie
on 4 October 2016
oops this looks like a birthday present for me!