Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 7 October 2009
I first heard of The Long Ryders on Andy Kershaw's Radio 1 show. My immediate thought was that they simply rocked and since I was into a lot of guitar bands at the time (The Godfathers, Catherine Wheel, Jason and the Scorchers etc) I thought I'd have to check this band out - glad I did. No fakery, no pretence - simply great songs about American history all expertly played (albeit with a groovy looseness). My only gripe with the compilation is that Wreck of the 809 isn't on it - my favourite Ryders track. I also thought they could have put a couple of unreleased tracks / cover versions on it - but thats being greedy! If you want an introduction to this great band start here - otherwise stump up the cash for Native Sons - a true classic of its time and genre.
on 15 July 2014
I have only just found out about this band from a friend who saw them live a few times in the UK back in the 80's. One of the great lesser known US bands, this collection is a great introduction to The Long Ryders and I highly recommend it to anybody thats sick of formulated modern day music. This is genuine organic rock n roll, reminiscent of the byrds, tom petty, springsteen, John Mellencamp etc. Order it and enjoy.
on 15 February 2013
A grea band in their day, i had an album on vinyl with nothing to play it on then saw this CD. Fantastic.

Good service and delivery thank you
on 21 March 2016
very good cd very good service
on 29 May 2016