on 11 January 2009
I bought this playnest for my 7 month old twins and they learned to sit up properly in it. They keep themselves entertained in it for quite some time! The colours, pictures & playbits keep them amused also. It's also great for travel as it can be packed quite easily.
on 2 June 2006
This is one baby item that is an essential not a luxury. Although it takes up a lot of space, there is so much offered by this one item that it is invaluable!

It provides a lovely soft and comfortable place to leave a baby that isn't able to sit up unsupported. It also has a number of toys and distractions built into the nest to keep your little one entertained. Definitely the best baby buy that I ever made!
on 24 January 2011
I bought this when my son was 5 months old as he wanted to sit but kept flopping over. It was fab when we first put him in it and really helped with his sitting. However, 1 month on and we've had to put it away because he has learnt how to dive out of it! I think for a younger baby who can't move about yet it is a lovely, safe toy for them to sit in.
on 29 July 2011
He sits in it quite happily for about 30 seconds then flings himself onto the side of it which almost topples it. The different things on the side that are meant to entertain lil uns is a bit poor to be honest, 10 seconds of touching the side and it gets boring for him, although I did buy it just for playing with other toys in anyway. The inflatable ring seems to deflate a bit during the day too, and considering it hasn't been anywhere to get punctured I'm guessing I just got a bit of a dud. Overall it's still pretty good though and for a newborn it would probably be better I guess.
review image
on 21 August 2009
I bought this to help my (then) 6 month old sit up but actually, she spent most of her time playing with the ring rather than sitting in it. Now that she sits up and is nearly crawling, it is a great toy to climb in and out of. But I guess it's not an essential buy as cushions would do the job too.
on 19 August 2007
I bought the play nest for my baby when he was just 2months old, 3 1/2 months on he's able to sit up unaided and is showing a real interest in the activities. It's a safe place for him to sit while I busy around him. Couldn't do without it now and he loves it. I would say this is more useful than a bouncy chair and will definitely be of use for longer.
on 12 April 2011
I have purchased this item for my son who was already sitting on his own, but needed the extra protection from falling back and side ways... We got to a stage, that my baby no longer was happy just lying down on a activity play mat, he now wanted to sit all the time.... So in order to be able to have him sitting when he wanted to and be able to give him the independence of playing on his own for 15-30 min while I prepare his meal, this was a perfect solution.... The activities are not really stimulating, or that is what I have thought -- but funny enough, my son found them entertaining...
On the other hand, I didn't purchase this item for the stimulating activities, I always put one or two of his favorite toys in it to keep him occupied.

The downside of this product is that it could be a bit bigger; so that the child can sit more comfortably. My baby will be 8 months next week and he is a bit cramped in this thing. This is why I gave it a 4*, comfort wise is not the most comfortable piece of item on the market.... A friend of mine has a similar "activity center" that she purchased on a sidewalk sale, but hers is much bigger and seems that her child is much more satisfied sitting in it...

I would recommend this product for those who need a free hand for a few minutes and their child has the desire to sit up but can't be left sitting alone unassisted.

As for the activities, if you are sitting with your child while he/she is in this item, you can discuss the various pictures, but the activities alone should not be the reason for you to buy this item.

Happy sitting...
on 5 February 2010
My son was determined to sit up from 3 months old so we were always sitting with him and giving him support but this product meant that we could prop him up in a nice safe environment and do other things. Now, at 4 months, he loves sitting in it and playing with his toys. When I held the baby group a couple of weeks ago, all of the babies, 3-5 months, loved it and everyone left determined to buy one. My friends 2 year old daughter came round today and she got in immediately and started playing with the bits on top and then sat quietly watching tv. Great buy.
on 3 November 2008
My baby, nearly 7 months, loves it!
He loves sitting but can't quite stay sat on his own, and this really gives him the freedom of sitting and play without us, parents, fearing he is going to fall backwards and hit his head. He loves all the touchy feely things around.
I got it second hand and the only little annoying thing about it is that I had to tape the valve on the rubber ring as it would not stay shut once blown, but this could be due to his heavy use!
I don't have the gym above but I sometimes put my own activity arch which my baby loves as he can play with the dangling thing being sat rather than lying down underneath!(change of angle!!)
He loves it so much, he gives me a 20 min break by just playing in it on his own! so... priceless really!!
on 3 November 2009
We were given our 'nest' and have found it one of the best gifts we received. Our baby learned to sit up unaided in it at just 5 months and loves playing with his toys in it or just sitting and looking around.
He has nearly learned to climb out now so I can see we won't be able to use it for much longer but it has been fabulous!