Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£29.99+ £1.26 shipping

on 1 June 2004
For those lucky few who are acquainted with Robb's previous albums, this presents an alternative look back over the last 7 years of broadsides against those who talk of 'FREEDOM', 'DEMOCRACY'and 'ETHICAL POLICIES' whilst doing their utmost to undermine these concepts. The songs here are drawn from his website, from benefit CDs, from limted edition tapes and some new recordings. For those who are new to Robb's catalogue, and like their politics well to the left of the mainstream, then this is a great place to get started. This is not the usual left-wing sloganeering following a strict party line, these are songs from a very human perspective. This is a personal history of our times. There is anger, pain, shame, joy, positivity and laughter in the 29 stories on this album. For your listening pleasure, this double CD has been split into 'acoustic' and 'electric' discs, highlighting all aspects of Robb's craft. Even the Daily Telegraph like it. Get ahead of the game on Tony's downfall, and feel unsufferably smug on the day the inevitable happens.
on 30 June 2004
I saw Robb Johnson for the first time in March 2003 and I bought 'Maximum Respect', which I loved. I went on to buy 'Magaret Thatcher, My Part In Her Downfall', and have now purchased this CD. It is fantastic, because not only does it speak out in a way that not enough people do nowadays, but it does it in really good songs. I'm going to have to be careful not to wear out my Robb Johnson CDs! I think I'll take the precaution of buying all the other ones, so that I can out them into a sequence of rotation!
on 5 February 2006
Totally wonderful. Entertaining, politically astute and a journal of the disenchantment of Tony Blair's politics. Buy it so you can hear more....