on 18 November 2017
The bin arrived in good time and appeared to be well packed with heavy duty bubble wrap and double boxed. However when I took the bin out of the inner box I discovered a large dent. I managed to push this out and it has left two small dents. These are at the back of the bin near the seam and in the place I keep the bin are luckily out of sight, which is why I haven't returned the bin even though I should have!
Otherwise the bin is as expected and works well so far.
on 15 March 2017
I still can't believe I spent as much money as I did on a rubbish bin. Yes, it's very nice and lid opens at the touch of a button but this costs more money than it really should. 30 litres is also a lot smaller than my old plastic bin. I checked out the 30l and 60l in person at a shop before buying on Amazon and decided that the 60l looked a bit too fat and the 30l would be more appropriate. Just means I'm going to have to empty it a little more often. I do like the look of Brabantia products so I will be buying some more of their stuff. I just wish it wasn't so expensive.
on 10 January 2018
I reluctantly bought a Brabantia when we needed a bigger bin - I've long believed in the hype around the quality but not the extortionate prices, soi this was a big step. I swallowed hard and bought this one, the cheapest in the colour/finish range, after carefully choosing the size. I still have my reservations about the prices, but haven't looked back. The design is excellent (the bags easily come out and don't snag as they did in my old bin), and for having bought the cheapest colour/finish, I actually think matt blank might be the best, as it always looks smart, never collects finger marks, and only needs the occasional wipe over. The size is right too - it is narrow enough to fit in various places, tall enough such that you don't have to bend unduly to use it (I'm 5'4'' and hubby is 6'), the opening is broad enough to empty the vacuum bin into, and it is deep enough to take well over a week's waste under normal circumstances. I'm afraid it still loses a star based on price and the silly labels and marketing which make out that by buying Brabantia you have somehow joined an elite club. I might not need the Brabantia 'badging', but I am a happy prole!
on 29 July 2017
The bin arrived with an enormous dent in the back and smaller ones in the front. Having requested a replacement I was hoping not to receive a second faulty product. However, the second bin also had a dent in the front. Sick of playing bin tennis, I kept the second sub standard product. Really disappointing from such a well regarded brand.
on 27 October 2016
I love this bin. I never thought I could get so excited about household waste disposal, but after years of suffering from split bin bags, I was ready to pay more for a peaceful & chilled out bag-changing experience.

If like me you are often tempted to over-fill your kitchen bin - you know, you should change the bag but it's raining/ it's late/ you can't be bothered, and you can just push down the rubbish for more room - then you'll know how hard it is to get the bag out when it's finally too full to fit more rubbish in. The bin grips the bag, and pulling it harder just makes the bag split around the top. So you pick the whole thing up and shake. Which just waves the whole bin around. So you try the pull the bin off with one foot. And the bag splits....

This bin has an inner bin, with holes in the bottom, so there's no vacuum and the whole thing lifts out, and the bag lifts easily out of that. It's beautiful [sob]. You can tuck the top of the bin liner in between the two bins for a neater look, it makes it slightly harder to access the handle on the inner bin to lift out, but really only slightly.

My husband thinks this bin is the key to a more harmonious family life. If he's exaggerating, it's not by much.

From a purely aesthetic POV, the bin also looks good & doesn't suffer from fingerprints all over it (or dents from me trying to kick the bin off the suspended bag).
on 14 May 2016
Before I bought this bin we had a cheap supermarket copy which I thought would be just as good. Needless to say it did not last so i ended up buying this one. From the moment I opened the box you could tell it was a superior quality, the mechanism works smoothly and the overall build quality is excellent.

We have owned it for just over 18 months now and it is still going strong. At around 14 months the lid catch stopped working, which meant the link would not lock closed, but I went on to the Brabantia website and easily found the replacement part then filled out a form and it was sent out to me free of charge within a few days. I found this service absolutely amazing, most companies only offer 12 months warranty and to get get a product repaired would involve calling a call centre in another country and sending it off, so to be able to do this online and receive the new part within days was outstanding! Also the disassembly of the old part and installation of the new part was dead easy.

The rest of the bin is holding up well, the fingerprint protection works well, it always looks clean and tidy and the bin is overall very easy to clean.

Changing the bin bag is simple as it has vent holes at the bottom of the bin which stops the bag removal generating a vacuum like our old one did. We use standard bin bags, not the official Brabantia ones, but it is easier when you use the Brabantia bags as they fit perfectly. Lidl sell some bags that are designed to fit Brabantia bin and they are way cheaper so if you do want to use the Brabantia bags it would be worth giving these a go.

I don't think i will ever buy another type of kitchen bin again.
on 5 December 2014
Very smart and fast delivery
on 14 February 2017
Arrived with a small dent but as there is no front or back on the main body it is easy to keep the dent hidden. I really couldn't be bothered with the aggro of returning it. Lid works well and the bin is a good size. At least my dogs cannot get into it like they could with the swing bin types. If it had arrived with no dent would have got 5 stars
VINE VOICEon 10 May 2017
I have a pair of these tall 30 L bins, one for recycling and the other for non-recyclable goods. I don't use a liner for the recycling, but do for the non-recycling. I have the replacement bin liners on subscribe and save delivery.

After one of the catches breaking recently, we were unable to remove the old catch. I called customer services who were absolutely outstanding as the bin was still within the warranty period (10 years). They recommended the relevant YouTube video, and we then managed to identify that the bins have type 3 catches, removed easily by prising out with a screwdriver. The new one slots in easily. Do check that you have identified the right type for your bin. The replacement catches are easily sourced from Brabantia.
on 21 December 2016
These bins are quality. I bought this as a replacement for my previous Brabantia that I have had for years. The quality is excellent and they just last and last. Yes they are expensive but you get what you pay for.

There is a plastic insert in the bin that you can remove and clean easily. The lid is the same, easy to clean and the steel does not seem to mark and cleans easily. You can use any type of bin liner you want, they all fit fine. The lid opens and stays shut as it should. I really cannot find anything to complain about these bins.

Brabantia customer service is excellent. I broke my lid on may last one, I had never registered it or anything nor did I have a receipt or know how long I had had it. They sent me a new lid without any problem for free.