VINE VOICEon 6 May 2014
At 50Litres, this bin is just about the perfect size to take regular bin bags. This is a big deal for a Brabantia bin as it means you don't have to fork out an incredible 20p per bin-bag for the custom-fit bin liners.

Also on the up-side, the touch-close lid works well and the parts are easy to replace when they (almost inevitably) break. The matt steel finish is stylish too and, while it shows up fingerprints to some degree it still looks good.

In terms of construction, it's well put together with no sharp edges. Unlike smaller Brabantia bins, this one doesn't have a plastic "bucket" that holds the liner inside - instead the bad fits neatly around the rim of the bin and is held discretely in place by the bin lid. When it's full, just lift it out, tie the handles and you're ready to leave it by the kerb-side.

On the down-side, it's expensive.

So if you're in the market for a smart, stylish bin with a touch open/close lid that takes full sized bin bags, this is a fine choice.;
on 2 March 2014
superb in every detail! bought myself a replacement lid on ebay, and 2 spare catches too! (on amazon) . Brabantia are amazing products. i have a folding outside clothes drier (like a rotary drier, but attatches to the wall) and a tin opener. all of these products last around ten years, sometimes, a lot longer! if Brabantia make any new products we WILL buy. the bin lid is a precaution, just in case one of my buddies finds a way to break it .. but buy one, you won't be sorry. i really can't give enough credit to them! the size is also great for once a week emptying. the price was as good on amazon as anywhere, maybe even a tad better.
i recommend the brabantia bin liners (50L) to line it, as the weight is quite hefty when emptying, and a normal black bin liner may not like it. the brabantia ones are REALLY strong, we have 2 mainly indoor cats, so litter is also put in nappy bags and thrown in bin, which makes our rubbish a little heavier than most people's. best bin in the world.
on 4 June 2014
I have had this bin now for 8 years and it's been fantastic. However, I recently found that the lid wouldn't open anymore just by pushing it - I had to open it from underneath which wasn't exactly 'user-friendly'. However, buoyed by the comment of somebody else who'd had an issue with their lid, I contacted Brabantia via their contact form on the website. I explained the problem and attached my order (scanned from 'My Orders' in Amazon). I had an immediate automated response, followed by an email the next day (from Kevin Amess) promising 2 new clips. He said it would take 4/5 days for the items (free, as covered by the 10 year guarantee) to arrive. Well, they arrived within 2 days and my husband fitted them for me this lunchtime. The joy I have experienced at being able to open and close my lid again in the correct fashion knows no bounds! I have complemented Kevin and the team at Brabantia for their fast and friendly service and couldn't recommend this product more highly.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 12 January 2011
Wow! Not often that I can get excited about a rubbish bin. I can about this one.

Firstly, anyone with young children or playful cats is going to love this bin when it arrives. Why? Because it comes in the best boxes you have ever seen. And not one - but two. The really big one protects the inner shiny Brabantia box, but either are suitable for playhouses or tunnels. Terrific.

Then the bin itself. True it is expensive, but it is the works. I could have got one at half the price, and have in the past. They were scrapped a long time ago as they just didn't go the distance. When you have a Brabantia bin, then you know you have arrived. It's big and shiny and made in Britain. Makes you proud. With a ten year guarantee - keep the receipt, as the catch on the lid will be lucky to last that long.

Super buy though. Now I can sit in the kitchen and just look lovingly at it. The King of domestic rubbish bins. One day you too can aspire to this dizzy height........
on 22 March 2015
I have had this bin for around 6 months now and overall I am very please with it. The capacity is great and you will find yourself taking it out far less often.Two of us go through around two bags a week. It is sturdy, well made and easy to clean. Unfortunately the lid closing mechanism has stopped working and I have had to have the product replaced. This was covered by the guarantee and easy to do but a bit of a worry only 6 months in. This is also an expensive bin when taking into account the purchase price and the ongoing costs of their bin liners (which you don't have to use). Overall much better than what I have had in the past.
on 6 November 2014
Excellent bin for the kitchen. Looks good and functions perfectly. I buy the Brabantia bin liners too as they fit snugly around the top of the bin. Would recommend that you buy a stainless steel cleaning product if you buy this bin as otherwise it shows all dirty marks and fingerprints - the only reason I dropped one star.
A new note after years of use: please be aware that the closure catch is plastic. Mine has started to bend a little due to overuse/heavy-handedness (not sure which) which does mean that on occasion the lid won't close. At the moment this can be bent back into place but I do not know how long this will last.
on 8 April 2010
A bin is just a bin? Well before purchasing the Brabantia we had a similar colour NEXT bin that had a plastic inner bin. The NEXT bin quickly fell apart, metal top buckled, plastic insert became holed (brittle), the domed top was wasted space, it had to be kept away from the wall to permit the top to open. The Brabantia holds far more waste (for a similar size), you cannot see the bag top because the bin top covers it. The two hidden handles to move it make it stable to lift & the lid hinge pivot is set forward so the bin can be set right up against a wall/cupboard. That the top stays clean is another bonus. The colour is stated as Almond & appears as creamy pink in the photos but in the flesh or metal it is cream. A bin is a simple thing but as an Engineer you have to admire the thought & design of this item. If you can get it for £60-00-£70.00 then go for it.
on 27 March 2014
The bin is advertised as having "x1 inner plastic bucket" but there is NO inner bucket that came with it. Therefore there is no good way to secure the bin liner and any leakage from the bin liner goes onto the floor since the base of the bin has holes where it clips in. I had to send it back and ask for a refund. Do not buy this product unless you want a bin that leaks all over the floor.
on 10 September 2012
Firstly, let me say that this is a superb bin. I've had mine for four years and it has stood up brilliantly to the test of time, even with young children in the house. The quality of the bin is not in question. Tesco sell 50L drawstring bags that fit perfectly at our local store, so no need to buy official Brabantia bags either.

However... and this might make you a bit sick... I paid £53 for it back in 2008. Not sure if they'll allow this comment to stand with the price stated in it, but that's what I paid and when I came to buy another to store recycling in I was shocked at the price increase. Even with inflation £80-90+ is a bit much for a bin. That's just my personal opinion. I went on and bought a cheap plastic roll-top bin for recycling that does the job just as well but not as shiny.

If you're happy to pay the price, then go ahead, this bin is great.
on 26 January 2011
I only received my bin yesterday but think it's great. Both my mum and sister already have one each so I'm used to using them. I opted for the 50l size but with hindsight maybe the 30l one would have been better. I just wonder about food waste and if it starts to smell. We tend to recycle all paper, glass, tins and packaging materials so our bin doesn't get too full too quickly so I wonder if it will start to get smelly is we don't change the bag too often. It's a substantial sized bin but so easy to use with the light tough opening and a wide opening so you can fit things in there easily. As an aside, I also have the brabantia laundry bin which I love. I've had it for a year now and the best thing about brabantia products is how you are able to keep them looking like new with just a wipe down with a cloth. Fab fab products.