Customer reviews

Style: Fixed Handle|Change
Price:£80.57 - £101.99

on 27 October 2011
I bought a 28cm SKK Premium Plus saute pan in December 2010, when it was £68. Quite expensive, but recommended by Delia and supposedly amazing non stick qualities, its guaranteed for 5 years. I've always treated the pan respectfully, washing it carefully and as a caution never using metal utensils. For a few months it was fantastic, and I was believing the excellent reviews. Now, 10 months on (October 2011), the non stick is failing miserably. Eggs, chicken etc, sticks to the pan like it would to any cheap pan. Take it from me, there is nothing special about the non-stick technology on this pan. Now the price is even more inflated than it was when I bought it. Don't waste your money. You have been warned.
on 6 May 2013
I have 2 SKK products, this sauté pan and a deeper stew pot. I bought these over 10 years ago and they are still working as good as the day I bought them. These were definitely worth the investment!

I have reviewed the SKK sauté pan further plus provided links to some of my favourite recipes for foods I have cooked using this pan. [...]

I use this cookware 7 days a week trying to keep up with the hungry demands of 2 growing boys. What I especially love is that I can transfer dishes from the cooktop into the oven. Freeing me to do other things outside of the kitchen.

And clean up is a cinch. No hard scrubbing, no burnt on bits. Even on those days when I don't get the pan washed the same day, next day - it washes clean just as quickly, without soaking.

I've never had a problem with the non-stick coating, unlike some teflon coated brands which flake leaving nasty bits in your food.

If you're wondering if you can afford a full set, just buy one. Yes, you could buy something cheaper, but if you have to replace it every 2 years, or 5 years, then you haven't really saved any money.

If you are thinking about getting the SKK pan, do.
on 23 January 2016
I have been using SKK pans for about 15 years now. The non stick does not last. If the pan is your main pan and you use it twice, three times a week it will last about 2 years. SKK say on the box that there is a guarantee, semi lifetime. SKK is based in Germany, you can find the website online. They do not advertise recoating prices as it varies from country to country and the different types of recoating. I have collected my pans and sent them all for recoating. It is much cheaper than buying new. If you have a receipt you could email them asking them about the guarantee? The cost is roughly 20euros per pan, plus tax and delivery back. I find the pans a good size, very very useful in the kitchen so I am sticking with them. My only point is you will have to rebuy or recoat after time depending on usage. I only use plastic utensils and wash by hand.
on 5 May 2013
I bought 2 sauté pans, 2 frying pans and a saucepan in this range between 2000 and 2002. They are getting a little tired now and I will have to start replacing them, but they have given fantastic service. The 1* reviewer must have been unlucky.
on 17 January 2015
The coating does not last, if you use it every other day, after two years it is unusable. There appears to be someone who recoats them, maybe SKK as on ebay they sell them refurbished but so far I havent found out where I send my pan. I have emailed SKK in Germany and hope that recoating it will be much cheaper than rebuying. If you use an SKK pan once a month then it will last you many many years, but SKK pans are so well designed and the handles are touchable, so no oven glove it is hard to buy another make. Anyway, finally I have decided that they are two expensive to last two years only. I am not sure how SKK are still in business as I know I am not the only customer who says the non-stick coating doesnt last. Why havent SKK put on their website where you can get it recoated. It seems a very expensive option to take the pan to the waste tip. Like the other lady said you have been warned, the coating does not last. I have started buying Berndes pans now, the handles are red hot but so far the non stick coating has lasted. They arent as nice as the SKK but I would be a fool to continue buying SKK.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 September 2014
This is the third SKK pan we have ordered. Our first one has been transferred to our holiday home, but we couldn't live without it so ordered another one with the removable handle eight years ago. It has seen almost daily use and is now looking a little worse for wear so ordered another one. We've sauteed, fried and baked in it and having the removable handle has been a wonderful bonus. It is wonderful for a Tarte Tatin as it can go from the stove straight into the oven
Unfortunately when I ordered the latest one, I incorrectly bought the fixed handle rather than the removable handle. Not a big issue as the handle is heatproof up to a high temperature but less convenient.
on 9 August 2010
Fabulous pan easy to clean .the only drawback is that they are heavy pans.
Great to be able to put in oven too