on 27 November 2004
this little UFD is brilliant. i don't know where i would be without it! with plenty of memory and a cool finish to it, this canny item is brilliant, and a good investment. the price tag, also, is surprisingly low. buy it!
on 12 May 2005
At my college we're not given sign in names, so if we create anything on the computer we have to save it to disk. Being an art course, the things I create tend to take up more space than a floppy disk can hold, and cd-roms take so much longer to burn to. Plus a lot of them become read-only.
This handy little gidget totally solved all my problems. It installs automatically onto most computers just by putting it in a USB port, and has a lot of memory too. It comes with a keyring strap (although I bought a different one to personalise it a bit more) and a lid, and is slimline so it will fit next to other things that are plugged into other USB ports. And at that price I couldn't argue! It's wicked. Go buy it.
on 3 July 2005
I bought three of these, for myself, my wife and my daughter.
They're far more flexible than using floppy disks. There's lots of alternative brands on the market, but since I always buy Kingston memory for my computer deciding to buy their USB pen drives was a no-brainer.
on 22 October 2005
Well, I thought I reviewed this but apparently not. Anyways, I think it's a great flash device. It only holds 256 which isn't much nowadays but the build quality is really good -mine has been through the wash at least twice without any problems, in fact, the files were still there! It's slim so it fits in most usb ports without any trouble. Mine has a bunch of scratches and the silver paint is partially worn off, but the device as a whole remains solid as a rock. My only complaint is the stupid cap that comes with it; I lost mine probably the first week I had it. It's ugly now, but it works fine without the cap.
on 27 April 2005
I bought my Kingston from uni in the Xmas sale and found it to be great!
Floppy drives are quite often rubbish on public computers and most computers don't have a CD write drive. This turned out to be the perfect solution for these problems.
P.S. I bought the 64 MB one and still find it a great piece of kit, except when i forget to bring it with me :)
on 22 October 2005
256 isn't much memory nowadays, but the build quality for my kingston is great. I guess I've had it for a year now. It's all scratched up and it's been through the wash twice but it's still working great. It generally plugs into most computer usb ports okay because of it's slim design. I highly recommend this if you don't need much memory.
on 18 December 2015