Price:£4.36+ Free shipping

on 13 January 2005
What a game!! It's an absolute riot!! Be the first to 'corner' the market by choosing which card you're going to collect and then trying to get all 8 before anyone else collects theirs. Very fast and excellent fun - would be especially good for rainy camping days!
on 12 July 2005
I has to be said that this game is at its best played on Boxing Day by 6 or more adult players who have all been getting a little 'relaxed' and also you really need a big table that doesn't put anyone out on a limb. And in that context it is fabulous.
There are two key features that I find make it a unique experience. First is its lack of a dice or other 'introduced' randomising element - the initial cards dealt do obviously randomise things but there is not generally such a thing as a good hand or a bad hand - it just relies on how the players choose to act to randomise things. Second is the lack of turns. The each round just kicks of and turns into an increasing melee until someone gets a set.
One thing that is also interesting is that you might think there are no good or bad strategies to this game, other than the blindingly obvious. Yet in spite of this I have found that the same people tend to keep winning while others (me) don't do so well. Luckily this is not extreme and any one game could go to anybody but I was surprised that there appear to be good players and bad players. Be that as it may it is still a cracking game.
on 24 April 2006
Pit will soon get everyone shouting and laughing. My family have played it for years and visitors often ask for a repeat game when they next visit. If you like a fun family game and don't mind letting your hair down this is for you.

Pit is based on the stock market of olden days. The bull and bear are in there amongst the comodities (of which their are 6)of wheat (100 points), barley(80 points), oats (60 points), corn (50 points) etc. To win (or corner the market) you have to collect all 8 cards of one commodity. Only you don,t want the bear left in your hand as you lose points and the bull is ok if you finish with a full commodity and the bull (double the score) or the bull and 7 cards (win the normal score for that commodity otherwise once again you lose points. All dealing is done with the cards face down so you may end up furiously trying not to recieve the same cards from someone trying to give them back to you.

Anyway I am making this game sound long winded, it is not it is fun and a real belly laugh. You will not be disappointed.
on 19 December 2005
I first encountered this game in America whilst on holiday with friends. I then found it on Amazon when I came back to Blighty and took it to our annual family get together. This game is a sure fire way of bringing together both young and old.
The only reason we finished playing (at 3.15 in the morning!) was just in case we woke our grandparents upstairs. It's fast, it's loud and best of all, it's fun.
on 22 October 2015
A real shame that the simplicity of the original game has been lost. What is wrong with having a card with just the word "Oats" written on it? I would prefer to make my own Pit cards out of cardboard than use this.
on 31 January 2011
It's a card trading game where there are no turns and everyone yells out the number of cards they want to swap all at the same time - the aim being to get all nine cards you hold to be the same - very simple idea and enormous fun. It will work with 3-8 players but it's best with five or more in my view.

I played an ancient version of Pit with my family when I was a child and it was one of the best games I ever played (generally at Christmas when there was a big family get together). We have only recently managed to get a set to play with my family now I am a grown up adult. Both my children love it as does my wife, and my mother in law!

Anyway - this Christmas we had four Chinese students spending Christmas Day with us. Their English was pretty good but not for games requiring complex English language. So I decided to give Pit a try. A huge hit with them - they were soooo competitive with their ONE ONE ONE; THREE THREE shouts!

As long as you can count to four and hold nine cards in your hand it is a fantastic party game for all.
on 12 December 2008
The main reason you will enjoy this game is the shouting! Or the groan as you sneakily get given the bear card (boo) without realising.

As you trade cards and get more urgent, the volume levels increase, and despite the game being quite old and simplistic, it causes much amusement for anyone between 8 and 80.

After a while, change the mood with a 'silent bid' and its very odd!
on 18 January 2011
I played this game at a party a few years ago, it was a riot and have looked out for it since, bigging it up to friends. With New Year approaching i decided to track it down and play on New Years eve with them. I know that they thought it was going to be an anticlimax but it was just hilarious. Especially after a couple of glasses of your favourite tipple, it gets even the shyest on their feet. The children joined in too and the whole evening was well praised on facebook over the next few days - get it!! You'll never regret it,(maybe at 5am when the chant of 'just one more game' is still in the air).
on 22 October 2013
Purchased for a party, this game is a lot of fun in a crowd - very loud, very dynamic, lots of laughs and we were surprisingly competitive! You need at least 4 people for this to be fun and preferably more.

The cards were a bit slippery but really it got the job done
on 28 August 2011
I must confess we dont exactly play by the rules here. It is far more physical that a mere card game. We shout a lot and laugh a lot and no holds barred.....every man for himself game. Great fun for family and friends. Love it.