Pass the Pigs Dice Game
Format: Toy|Change

Showing 1-10 of 585 reviews(5 star). See all 739 reviews
on 29 July 2016
I was recommended this by a friend and since purchasing it, I have been absolutely hooked!

-It is the perfect travel game and the one box comes with everything that you could need to play it with.
-It would be easy to play whilst in a car or on public transport as all you need is a small hard surface to roll the pigs on, which seem quite similar to dice.
-This game is really easy to pick up and play - the instructions are on the scorecard as some of the positions of the pigs and corresponding points can be difficult to remember, but the rules themselves can be picked up in one go!
-This is a fun game for nearly anyone of absolutely any age. I have played it with family and friends, and have not yet met a person who does not like playing it!

-The pigs are quite small and could possibly be easy to lose if you're not careful with them, but that is also part and parcel of buying a travel game.
review imagereview image
on 5 January 2017
Great game but it depends on what you are buying for. This is great for little kids who find it difficult to follow rules and usually need the help of an adult. It is ridiculously simple and comes in a great carry case, I love cases/boxes which keep everything in place. There is not a lot to it, you throw the pigs and they land in various positions, and you gain points based on the positions the pigs land in. There is no skill really whatsoever. I remember loving this as a kid because its silly. But apparently other reviewers kids found it boring. But having said that I definitely think its for 7-8 and younger depending on how developed your child is. Unless its an ironic purchade. But for the price, it is a great stocking filler with not much to be lost and is so light and compact it doesnt make much impact to luggage etc if you are trying to keep kids entertained on holiday, even if its a hit or not. Remember to keep the points chart even if you run out of the scoring paper.
on 6 January 2016
My 9 yr old absolutely loves this game, his older sister will happily play it will him and I'm sure it could be enjoyed by younger members with extra help as needed.

I love that the game is all contained easily in a sturdy plastic holder. The two pigs fit neatly on the top, pencils and scorecards at the bottom and it clicks shut. The scorecard is used in situ giving you a firm surface to rest against. This makes it perfect for popping in handbag for out and about - we've ended up playing it a few times during really long restaurant waits etc.

It's a super simple concept well executed, you throw the two small pigs like dice. When they land you check the pictures to see what points you score eg 2 pigs both on sides = 1 point, 1 on back and 1 on side = 5 points. Very quickly you learn to recognise what you've scored almost as soon as they land, so the game can become quite fast paced and fun with older kids.

At the end scores are tallied and highest number wins.

It's a pretty timeless game because of it's simplicity, and because of the wide age range it can span I can see it being used for a good few years. Each game takes 5-10 mins and can easily be interrupted and picked back up because of the written scoring system.

For those familiar with Yahtzee, the concept isn't a million miles away, just much more simplistic and based on overall scores rather than aiming to complete all categories.
on 11 April 2017
This game is a quick, easy and fun game to play if you need something low impact to fill a bit of time. It's really competitive and great to play with friends.

It's a game of chance more than a game of skill but that's where the fun lies right? The little pigs that you get are really cute. The game play is really straight forward. You get a quick guide which shows you what each pig is worth. It's kind of like a variant of the card game pontoon with the stick/twist routine and daring to be greedy and attempt to score more points or you might lose all your points/// with the winner being the first to score 100 points (it can happen quicker than you might think!) - I really enjoyed it, hence I bought my own copy!
on 2 March 2018
My 11 year Old DD loves this game. Simple and encourages maths.
Only Con with this newly packaged versions is the the hard plastic pigs don't land in the same way as the past editions rubber ones did, making it harder to get a full range of scores.
on 5 January 2018
I used to play this when I was a kid so thought I’d get it for my 9 year old son as an excuse to play again. Just as I remembered. My son loves it and will often just play on his own to see the score he can get.
on 4 January 2018
We end up buying one of these in every generation of our family. Suitable from as soon as a child can throw a dice as long as played with someone who can do a bit of addition.
on 25 November 2017
this is a brilliant game. Easy and fun for all ages, small and easy to fit in your pocket or handbag, so perfect to take anywhere.

We have had this game for years and buy it as gifts for my son's friends.
on 9 March 2017
I owned the original, but the pigs wore out and were eventually lost. I'm not a fan of the new style case to be honest. Still it's a daft quirky game, something different from uno or snap for playing with the family while camping. It's small size is a bonus, the kids could play it for hours and often do, though the novelty of crawling about on my hands and knees on the ground with a torch in the pitch black trying to find the two pigs for the 100th time that evening wears a bit thin eventually...
on 23 August 2017
Such a simple game for all ages but we all love it. We took it on holiday and played it a number of times. Everyone gets so competitive and we even worked in teams to see which team could win. The only issue we have with it is some of the points don't seem enough for the positions the pigs are in.