Customer reviews

on 28 October 2013
If you are looking for an egg poacher, I highly recommend this product. The pan is made of polished stainless steel that matches the best that money can buy. It works very well with induction. The non sticking material used in contact with the eggs is a high grade durable material. With a very small amount of butter or non-cholesterol butter imitation the eggs have a wonderful taste. You can extract the eggs independently in an easy way. The transparent cover allows you to make sure that the eggs are cooked to you taste. I am very found of such poached eggs because they have a special taste. Poached eggs in water have very litle taste in comparison. You can also use these eggs to make eggs in aspic either with ham, salmon or goose liver..
on 9 September 2011
We bought the 2-egg version of this product (we live in Finland) several years ago. (You can't buy egg-poachers in Finland). Sweden-based friends visiting us last summer fell in love with our poached eggs - the first time they had tasted eggs made in this way - so we ordered this as a gift for them. In the 3 weeks since it arrived they have been eating poached eggs almost every morning! The see-through lid is an excellent feature for "monitoring" the eggs. My only complaints are that: (1)The knobs on the metallic "cups" are supposed to be stay-cool, but they tend to be too hot for my (over?)sensitive fingers. I must admit they pose no problem for my wife, but I thought the plastic cups of our former poacher stayed cooler. (2) Overseas postage is very expensive - the postal costs are as much as the product itself.
on 16 January 2013
I purchased this egg poacher believing it to be a high quality product which would last me for a very long time, possibly the only one I would need to purchase. However, what I received defied belief after reading the earlier reviews because the quality was far worse than any cheap £5 pan that I have ever laid eyes on.

I suggest you look at the images for an example of what I received because after paying £30 for an egg poacher I could not believe that quality control could be so lacking. The poacher handle had what looked like damage or a very severe manufacturing fault at the base of the handle where it meets the metal handle/pan separator. The base of the pan had an indentation in it where food could collect, especially if it burns. There were white deposits around the turned over rim of the pan and part of the the handle was discoloured with a white sheen to it.

To me it looks like it might be a damaged and rejected return, or at least that is what I hope it was. However why would such an item be re-sold in this condition?

At almost £30 for an egg poacher, I expect a premium high quality product. I may try again and hope that Amazon gets it right because if it wasn't for this it could be fairly decent, although after such a negative experience, I have been put off it.
review image review image review image review image review image
33 Comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 April 2014
'I have an induction hob and find that the pans to go on it are not cheap and this one wasn't either. This poacher was well worth every penny though. It is well made and up to Judge high standards. I already have their sausepans and would certainly go for the brand again. I found if you grease the poacher cups, as suggested in the instructions, it works a treat and the eggs just drop out onto the toast.
on 29 August 2014
I bought an expensive product expecting the quality to be good. However one of the egg holders was squashed and bent and wouldn't fit into the hole. I don't have time to mess about with returns so my husband bent it back to make it fit. Not what I expected from a £37 product. Also I find the pan to be heavy to hold even without water and wonder how easy it may be to use. Very disappointed.
on 18 July 2013
It's robust. The eggs don't stick at all. Only down side is that you have to be very careful lifting out the eggs as the steam can get you. Buts that's the same on my old one and I used that for 20 years. Extra large eggs just fit, with careful handling.
on 16 January 2013
Arrived very quickly does what it says and would happily recommend it for anyone looking for a reliable egg poacher. best part is the egg holders aren't plastic !
on 4 April 2014
Well, I recently found these in an obscure place at a better price but I suspect that the company was just moving old stock. This is a great poacher and so it should be at this price.
Tip that we discovered by reading other reviews is lubricate the cups with a little veg oil (not butter) and it's easy to clean afterwards but drain off the oil before serving up the eggs
on 9 February 2014
Easy to use however be careful when touching the heated cups. It can make perfect poached eggs. It works with induction hob.
on 23 January 2014
I bought this to replace a two hole Judge as me and the wife like two eggs each! I have installed an induction hob and most poachers will not work on it but the Judge is great. It is well made, solid and virtually non stick. I am confident it will last for years and looks good into the bargain, well pleased!