Format: Audio CD|Change

on 29 December 2011
I like to upload from CDs and not download from the Internet so I ordered this album as It had the few George Thorogood tracks that I like in one place. A lot of the tracks were OK but not what I would want to listen to all the time and that is why it gets 3 stars. For a true blue GT lover it is probably a great album .
on 30 March 2011
You know how it is, you've had a so-so day, and you just want something raw that really gives you a boost - well, this is it. I bought this as I was fed up with hearing tracks by George Thorogood on Planet Rock, and not having them to hand when I wanted them, and I haven't been disappointed. It has all the classic tracks, is a really good listen, and its ideal for those so-so days.....
on 9 May 2011
Overall this is a pretty good compilation. Was looking for something with all my fav tracks on it, and this one came pretty close to ticking off everything on my list! Love the live version of The Sky Is Crying, however they could've left off American Made... the song appears to be heavily auto tuned in the beginning so I just can't listen to it.
on 15 April 2011
Thorogood and the Destroyers play rock the way it was meant to be played... tough, pounding, down and dirty! His stuff tends to be blues-based, and after all rock was originally called rhythm and blues (unlike the totally un-blues-based stuff now being passed off as R&B).

If your bag is real rockin' music, this is for you.
on 9 December 2009
I remember hearing of George Thoroughgood in the early eighties and he totally slipped my mind until I came across this CD, some very good tracks on this CD & some excellent lyrics / stories with some brilliant guitar work on his Gretsch guitar.
on 20 October 2015
For ballsy, bluesy, good ole Rock n Roll, you don't have to look far where George Thorogood is concerned. Each track is delivered in his own inimitable style.

A great fun CD.
on 6 April 2010
had a track (one bourbon one scotch one beer)on afreebie out of a daily paper it was a live recording 11mins long lost the cd so had to replace it so got the greatest hits just as good
on 16 December 2014
If you are new to electric blues just like I am, then I believe this is a good starting point. Adrenalinic guitar driven (with slide too) songs which will make you ask for more.
on 6 May 2015
Never heard of George Thorogood heard it on a Rock Radio station. Really raunchy rock / blues. If you like ZZ Top from the Eliminator days....you'll love this. PLAY IT LOUD !!!
on 3 October 2011
I bought this album on the strength of the track "BAD TO THE BONE",but the whole album is a good mix of rock n blues/rock n roll,A good driving listen!