Customer reviews

on 8 March 2016
Her best cd!
on 28 December 2013
I must say I do love this CD, and it's now my favourite of hers. Compared to her sweet kisses album it blows it out of the water. All of the songs I thoroughly enjoy, the least preferable being angels - but this is still a well known and gorgeous track in itself. I'd recommend others to buy it.
on 18 May 2013
I was very disapointed with the dvd which was meant to be bonus as it hasn't even got the video of with you and what little it does have of the newlyweds footage is minimal.
on 12 August 2004
Jessica changes direction a little with her music with a couple of the tracks turning out to be pretty original stuff. This edition includes the bonus DVD and is limited so far released everywhere but europe.
The DVd is very short and has a neat little recording from nick and Jessica's wedding. The other recording is best of clips from her Newley wed's show and does not last very long but still is quite entertaining and shows off Jessica's funniest moments - For example when she thinks buffalo wings are made out of buffaloes.
this is how I rate the CD:
1. Angels: Probably the weakest track on the album. cover robbie williams famous hit. She overpowers a bit too much on her vocals and ruins it a little. But a good try. 6/10
2. With You: You've all heard this and is a bit of pop/rock with a cool summer feeling. 9/10
3. Take My Breath Away: Second release and is too be honest quite weak. Again she overpowers a bit too much even though her vocals are generally good. This cover song has a slight more modern feel, but generally Jessica's covers are the worst of her collection. 7/10
4. My Way Home: Has an asian feel to the song and she pulls this track off with some success. A grower. 9/10
5. Sweetest Sin: A sexy song which is all jessica. Her vocals is balanced well. a pop ballas. 10/10
6. I Have Loved You: Dawson's creek style, american drivetime type of song. Just made for her again. Vocals again don't go over the top. 10/10
7. Forbidden Fruit: Different to her usual stuff, but again a brilliant track. Groovy pop/RnB song. you can hear a bit of her lower range here. 10/10
8. Everyday See You: Takes a while to get going but still a gentle, laid back dawson's creek style guitar track. 9/10
9. Underneath: Nice piano ballad, showcasing Jessica's heartfelt vocals. 9/10
10. You Don't Have To Let Go: Another hearfelt ballad which is pretty moving as it builds up to a pretty big Chorus. 10/10
11. Loving you: Slightly unusual from jessica. Quite a catchy RnB track. A hint of music from other parts of the world. 9/10
12. In This Skin: Title track and is pure pop. 10/10
13. Be: This is about the couple's marriage and future life together. A moderately paced ballad, with no loud belting high notes. just laid back. 10/10
14. With You (Acoustic Version): As track two but a live vocal from Jessica. Less pop and only with guitar accompaniment. Quite good when you're relaxing. 9/10
Overall - 9/10. The covers are disappointing but the other tracks show a good balance in her vocals- Not going for it too much. Mostly ballads or pop but she does venture out into the world music scene on some tracks.
A decent package with the DVD.
on 29 March 2004
Jessica Simpson is in many ways a better singer than Britney Spears. Christina Aguilera is probably a technically better singer but Aguilera normally drowns her melodies in far too much frasing. So of these three comparable female pop queens - Spears, Aguilera and Simpson - I certainly prefer the Simpson. Just a shame she is not the brighest bulb ;-)
This album is probably her best yet. I enjoyed Sweet Kisses and Irresistible quite a lot but this album seems to feature a more mature Jessica Simpson.
on 18 January 2004
Jessica Simpson's Third album is an album i really wanted to have here. Its a much anticipated release from one of the Biggest names in Pop Music. Jessica is known for her stunning voice for singing ballads especially. You may remember her hit song "I Wanna Love You Forever" from her first album. The new album has some incredible producers and song writers such as Grammy Award winning writer Diane Warren. on the sunsual ballad "Sweetest Sin" the first single. Another highlight on the 11 track CD is "Forbidden Fruit" a totally Techno Pop track that is so damn catchy!!. and "With You" another Upbeat catchy tune thats her Second single. The whole album is an enjoyable experience!
The ballads she does amazingly. She doesnt overdo it with them like before she just lets it happen and its so natural. "Everyday See You" and "I Have Loved You" are 2 of the best ballads, So beautiful.
All that lacks is more of the Upbeat stuff. But what there is is fantastic!
on 23 January 2005
To me it seems like everybody like to put jessica down. They criticise her in every aspect of what she does. I have read reviews of this album, which criticise her (personally) more that her album which is what is meant to be reviewed. If you don't like Jessica or her music you are entitled to yuor opinion, however consider there are many people who do like her. I am not someone who i would say was a fan, but after hearing her song "with you" , i decided to but her record and see if it was any good. I did and i have to say i think its fab. Sure there are some weaker songs on this record, but there are far more strong songs here than weak ones. Whilst listning to her album, i can't help hearing a strong sense of honesty in her voice, and that she means every word she sings. I have to say the only dissapointment on this album is jessica's (may i say) hurrendous version of the robbie williams classic angels. When contemplating purchasing this album, consider that jessica's musical style is pop, and with this album (although evidentally maturing musically), this record is still pop, and may i say damn good pop. There is a mix of songs here to suit and blend in with every mood/emotion. I think this is a good album, and im definatly pleased with it. I can however find time to remove it from my hi-fi, but overall this is a good effort from jessica, and i look forward to her next record (minus a dodgy remake of a classic song - stick to your own material jessica)!!!!!!!!
on 2 September 2004
Jessica Simpsons album in this Skin is so amazing,got it on my hifi at the moment and she has a lot of talent,My favourite songs are Angels,In this Skin and I like all the others as well,this album is a must have in your collection especially if you like easy listening music,this music caters for everyone and its enjoyable listening as it relaxes you totally.Get this album today you will be glad you did.
on 7 May 2004
I was buzzing with anticipation at the thought of hearing Jessicas new album and when it finally arrived in the post I was so excited. When I first played it I was...not disappointed, that's not the word, but it was nothing like I was expecting, it is a very mature album compared to her others. So it was taking some getting used to. But after a few listens I was hooked...comletely. I stopped listening so obsessivly to the older albums and became obessessed with this one! Her vocals are amazing, and you really get a feel of her world as it is so personal. One of my favourite tracks is Underneath, Jess really shows us her brilliant vocal ability and the track has so much meaning. All the tracks are fantastic and I would reccomend it to anyone..I haven't stopped listening to her previous albums as sometimes a good dose of pop is needed, but if she can keep putting out cracking albums like this one she will make me one happy girl!
on 16 February 2005
Jessica Simpson has obvious vocal talent. I even prefered her version of "Angels" to Robbie Williams'. It's the perfect mix or power balads and pop. My favourites are "i have loved you" and "You dont have to let go". She may not be able to tell the difference between tuna and chicken but she has a fantastic voice to compensate for it.