Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - U2 Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

Tabula Rasa
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 27 June 2004
If you are a Neubauten fan and have never heard the English version of 'Interimsliebenden' (previously available only on a deleted 4CD Box Set) it is worth considering upgrading to this edition because it features on Disc 2. It may only be one song but it complements the original version superbly and its lyrical complexity can be more fully appreciated. If you are unfamiliar with the entire CD you are in for a treat: poetic, metaphysical, humorous, confrontational and genre busting (there's no way this can be classified simply as 'Industrial Music'), this is Neubauten at the height of their powers.
on 28 December 2001
This was the first EN album I bought, I already reviewed the Vinyl, but my opinion has changed a bit since then. This is a good album, but it's the EN album I listen to the least, and it is definately not the place to start. I bought this first, and was disapointed. However, because the first song was so good, and the others showed potential, I bought more, and I'm very glad I did.
This album is possibly their most experimental, and their most pretentious (EN are often very pretentious, but you've gotta love em for it, and they are just as often extremely clever, see the essay in the liner notes of Hause Der Leuge and you'll see what I mean). I find it hard to take Blume seriously, it's a woman reading a poem out over the music, and it's very artsy, but still, the music is good, and it's still quite a good poem. Most of the time, I don't mind the German words, I think perhaps if they were in English they might be spoiled because he seems to be cramming a lot in there (the lyrics are frequently genius), but one song here, Sie, is very reliant on the lyrics, hence very boring if you don't speak German (it's essentially a short play in the form of a song). The rest of the music is of a high standard, a good purchase for EN fans, but not for those new to them. A good place to start would be Silence is Sexy, but remember that SIS is a more mellow album by EN, they can be very chaotic, as the 15 minute closer, Headcleaner, on this album shows.
on 11 November 2016
Very strong album. Highly recommended.
on 31 August 2016
Super good conditions.
on 1 September 2001
I've been looking for something by Einsturzende Nebauten for a while, having never heard anything they've done. I bought this after reading some good reviews. I liked the first track straight away, and the second track got very good at the end, but from then on up until the last track they all seemed quite pretentious and not what I'd hoped, also not that interesting if you don't speak german. The last track, although very long, is good though.
I'm sure this album will grow on me but it's not what I'd hoped for and it probably wasn't the best album to buy as a starting point to getting into the band. I will still look into other releases by this band though.