Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 26 April 2017
Love Pingu great fun very enjoyable and funny
on 24 February 2014
This video is a must for any fan of Pingu. When the DVD of these episodes was released a few years ago the production company changed the audio an every single show, this my the nostaglia buff in me go mad. But thank goodness for VHS. Original music, original voices, brilliant.
This is sitting pride of place next to The Wrong Trousers VHS (with original audio) and my E.T. VHS (with original footage).
on 3 May 2017
My granddaughter enjoyed this kept her quite and she was very amused by it
on 19 September 2000
I bought this video for my son Oscar's 2nd birthday & he was delighted with it. Oscar usually does not stay still for long enough to watch TV or videos so I was amazed when he sat & watched Pingu. He did not, however, sit quietly! He laughed so much & so loudly at the little penguin's exploits that soon I was laughing too. 'Pingu- Hide & Seek' features brilliant animation & loveable characters. It also lightheartedly deals with issues that are important to young children such as potty training & sibling rivalry. I would recommend this to all parents of toddlers.
on 15 July 2004
Myself and my three nieces (aged 2, 5 and 7) have thoroughly enjoyed this dvd. We have watched it repeatedly and find the humour connects with both adults and children, the stories are charming and the animation superb. I love his cheeky penguin voice and want to learn his language! Lovely stuff.
on 21 August 2001
Pingu gets cross, is sad, falls in love, is happy, frustrated, naughty and kind, and EVERY young child (and adult) can identify with what he goes through.....the short tales are original and endearing, as Pingu finds himself at the end of many laughs. He also instigates much laughter, and we find that he is a safe, fun loving, trustable friend that our 2 year old daughter has adopted. She watches a Pingu story before bed - it's 5 minutes, happily ending, and gentle. She seems to never tire of the same tales, again and again. Actually, nor do we!
on 9 September 2014
I love this vhs! I've had it for a while and it entertained me when I was a child
on 23 July 2006
My terrible two year old has been watching this every single day now for the last two months, and I must admit, I have seen every episode over a dozen times and it never fails to delight.

Whenever I am really busy and my son is being difficult, I put it on and get enough peace to get on with my work. Definitly something that I would recommend for children and adults alike. I dont know anyone who doesnt love Pingu!
on 12 June 2004
I purchased this DVD for my 2yr old son and I was very disappointed. As an adult, I enjoy watching Pingu with him, so I was eagerly awaiting the release of "new Pingu". I think the new animation style has meant the characters have lost their original appeal and depth. They have also lost their distinctive "voices", probably as a result of using different voice-over staff, or dubbing techniques. I accept the stories are still excellent, but "New Pingu" is definitely not a patch on the original!
on 14 July 2004