• Messy

Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 14 January 2005
this album is TOP NOTCH! from the moment the bass of messy thumped through my speakers i knew this was gonna be good. it didn't disappoint- been on repeat ever since.
*'messy' intro and 'messy': a real nod your head bass banger and rodney p canes it with his rap!
10/10
* girlfriend's story: heard this when it was released, thought it was a good tune and the lyrics are thought provoking
9/10
* roles reversed: i love this tune, switching from a dark sounding song to a summery song. cool.
9/10
* crazy: i like this, it's a cool tune.
8/10
* gone: a real grower, one of my favourites.
9/10
* good man: now this is a tuuuuuune, with a great rap from j2k. the bass is brilliant!
10/10
* love me: i really like this track, it's uplifting and if you're having a crap day, it does make you smile, as it did 4 me a couple of weeks back :-)
9/10
* back in the day: this is a laid back tune & the lyrics remind me of 'now u want my love' by ms. dynamite.
8/10
* superstar: this is the best track on the album. absolute class, with gemma's no-holds barred lyrics detailing her life story and how all she ever wanted 'was to be a superstar'. wicked!
11/10
* best friend's man: the title (kinda) says it all, all about an fling with her b.f.m & what happened when said best friend found out. it's a good song
8/10
* hurting me: it's ok, but it's not one of the best.
7/10
* messy (remix): like the original, but slightly faster. nevertheless it's still a bangin' tune!
10/10
*she don't know: oh yeah, i'm feelin' this! love the guitar sample and the playful tune fits perfectly with the brazen lyrics.. go girl!
10/10
overall, this is one of the best albums of 2004. if you're fed up of all the identikit (US) r'n'b & hip hop all over the place & want to support the UK, BUY THIS!!
on 17 July 2004
This album was a pleasant surprise, having heard gemma fox compared to ms dynamite i bought it not sure what to expect, the comparison may be justified in that they both mc and have loads of brothers and sisters but from there they differ. Messy deals with some similar issues, such as domestic violence, but the style is different, with some very heavy lyrics set to catchy tunes, for example a song abt sleeping w her best friends boyfriend is almost sung as an urban nursery rhyme. The title track messy is absolutely brilliant and the album is great to listen to and to sing along to. I hope Gemma receives the attention her talent deserves.
on 31 December 2004
This Album was the best one I brought of 2004, Gemma Fox has not received the credit she deserves for this amazing collection of RnB, hiphop and sexy sounds. She is a fantastic song writer and I know that we havent seen the best of Gem yet, She does get compared to alot of other urban artist but I think that shes better she sings doesnt MC although her delivery can be as fast as a MC. I think it is so worth buying this Album I kept hold of my reciept thinking it might not be that good - but believe me she wont let you down. Shane Reilly - London
on 16 August 2004
Having heard her garage stuff, I knew her album would be up to scratch as Gemma Fox has pure talent.
She has been compared to such big stars like Lisa Maffia and Ms Dynamite, that it was no surprise when I heard the album that I was not dissapointed in anyway. Such songs as 'Gone' and 'Messy' are definetley top 10 chart material which is a good thing. The rest of the album is full of pure rnb/hip hop and is definetly an excellent slice of what Gemma Fox can create. One of the best albums of the year.
on 4 December 2014
Love this album, I had this album back in the day. But got lost , me and my friend would sing all the songs off by heart !! And just the other day messy garage version come on and I thought to my self I so need this album back in my life plus it's real words and real life people can relate to it in some way,
on 26 July 2012
Been Looking For This Album For Months.. As I Used To Listen To It When I Was Younger.. It Arrived Quick & Its Just As Good As I Remembered It To Be! Happy Shopper! :)
on 16 May 2009
there is not 1 song on this cd i dont like!
very catchy songs with meaning, love it