Customer reviews

Morph: The Morph Files [DVD]
Format: DVD|Change

on 21 June 2017
Still good more than 40 years on. I love watching this DVD with my great grandchildren .
on 4 September 2017
great
on 23 March 2017
An all time childhood favourite. All ready for both myself and my baby boy to enjoy
on 17 February 2007
For those of you who (like me) might mistakenly have thought that this was some sort of Morph compilation, this is actually a single complete series of Morph adventures, which is only the second series dedicated to Morph (and his plasticine/foil mates), the original one being "The Amazing Adventures of Morph", shown by the BBC in 1980/81. The Morph files was made in 1995 (which explains why it is narrated by Neil Morrissey, and why Morph and Chaz use a computer), but I've no idea on what TV channel(s) it was broadcast as it wasn't commissioned by the BBC, but by Universal Studios.

I am a bit wary of watching kids programmes that I loved as a child, in case the magic has diminished, but am delighted to say that Morph is just as fab as I remembered. Actually, this is one of the few kids TV programmes or films that I would gladly buy for myself without feeling a bit daft, because of a) the humour (especially the hilarious 'morph speak' - a bit like Mickey Mouse on helium, speeded up) and b) the brilliance of the creativity and imagination in it.

I can't think why the last reviewer thought Neil Morrissey's narration was so awful - I had no problem at all with it - it seemed perfectly acceptable. As for the reviewer "Scatman" questioning the "authenticity", it was directed by Peter Lord and David Sproxton, who founded Aardman Animations and who were the original creators of Morph. I reckon either Scatman didn't realize the series was created in 1995, or they just think everything has to be the same as before - why else have a problem with a computer being in it - it gave the show an interesting new dimension, and was used in an original and entertaining way.

Now can the BBC please please release "The Amazing Adventures of Morph" on DVD?
11 Comment| 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 December 2004
I love Morph but I urge you not to buy this DVD. Since when did Morph play computer games? Why is Neil Morrissey narrating? I was enticed into getting this DVD because I thought it included the classic 'Gobbledygook' episode. Watching it made me feel cheated as it is just a poor updated imitation of the original Morph we all know and love. I'm sure even people with tiny minds will question this versions authenticity. Must try harder. (P.S don't be fooled into buying the Flumps DVD because you think you enjoyed it when you were a nipper - it's rubbish)
11 Comment| 60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 May 2016
Actually better than I expected, considering the programmes aren't the original Tony Hart voiced ones.
I did get it for my Granddaughter, who hasn't seen them yet, so not yet sure how a newer generation will take to Morph.
on 14 February 2015
Pleased With purchase
VINE VOICEon 13 November 2016
2hrs of non-stop Morph action, with the classic stop-motion animation, is totally worth it for such a great price. Fun for young and old fans, Morph, like The Minions, is timeless with silly sounds, slapstick and jibberish talking making it fun for everyone. And Neil Morrisey is NOT as annoying as people make out, he is used very sparingly to bridge sequences together and make an overall narrative. He doesn't speak for the characters as you may expect. Well worth a purchase.
on 5 February 2017
I bought this for when my Nephew's come over to stay as they love Morph but they were bored and lost interest, and I can see why. There are several story lines that go on too long and are not really very interesting. Each story is Narrated and the script is terrible. There is not much of the slap stick clips that the children, and myself like. I wish I could get a refund as it is awful.
on 10 May 2015
I grew up watching this on VHS! Superb but it's a shame it's not the version narrated by Tony Hart.