on 30 August 2006
If like me you enjoyed the first 4 seasons of Dawsons creek but felt that it started to lose its appeal towards the end this dvd will bring you back into the Dawsons creek fold.Well written and brilliantly acted by all a fitting end to a series that was more good than bad.Has extra scenes not shown on channel 4 that tie up all the lose ends.Really worth a watch.
on 18 May 2004
I like to think that I am a person who wears his emotions on his sleeve, and that I can cry at films. Like at the end of Forrest Gump. But nothing prepared me for this double episode. It was a strange mixture, sadness and beauty bleeding into one another. It really did finish off this amazing show perfectly, and after some writing lapses in the 5th and 6th seasons it was amazing. I admit I cried several times, especially when Grams said goodbye to Jen. It's sad, but even thinking about it makes me happier, and I hope that one day I have friends like that. Watching Dawson's Creek lets me step back from my life and see that it's not that bad. I urge you to watch this and smile.
on 19 September 2007
I have recently got the DC bug again, and am loving watching all of the episodes.

This finale ends everything beautifully.

Dawson realises his dream and runs a company that shows the story of his life, on screen. Much like 'Dawson's Creek' itself. He is at the top of his long awaited game.

Jen realises what it was she was looking for all these years, with her baby girl. Love she probably has never felt before. Unforunately she has bad health, that gives us veiwers a very sad end.

Joey is a book editor, living in a fab place with a guy who want's to marry her.

Pacey is the new owner of the new ice house, and has finally found his calling in life. He still has a bit of the bad boy in him though, as his affairs with older women continue.

Jack has finally found love, in the shape of a suprising guy. He teaches at Capeside High.

Audrey is off touring with a band, and Andie is doing an internship at a hospital.

Despite the passing of time, these friends still clearly mean the world to each other.

They are all brought back to Capeside for a wedding. Im really happy that Gail managed to find love again after loosing Mitch.

There are some great moments where the gang talk about events passed, and laugh about things that once hurt them.

This episode is a bitter-sweet ending to a great show. I absolutely loved it, and cry every time i watch it.

I'm glad that Pacey finally gets his girl, i think other men would have moved on.

This is definately something towatch over and over again. Absolutely loved it!
VINE VOICEon 13 February 2008
I came across this DVD while browsing on Amazon the other day and it brought back loads of memories so I decided to order it and then put aside a couple of hours for me, a pot of tea, some biscuits and a box of tissues for the inevitable waterfall of tears that I knew would come.

This DVD was the perfect finale for this whole set of series - several years in the future and we meet up again with our old friends Dawson, Pacey, Jen, Joey and Jack etc. All but Pacey (who now owns a restaurant in Capeside) and Jack (who is teaching at the school there) have moved away from Capeside (Hollywood for Dawson and New York for Joey) and they are all brought back together for the wedding of Dawson's Mum. They haven't seen each other for a long time and there are lots of reminiscing to be done and decisions to be made and also something that will turn their world upside down........I don't want to ruin it as I know that there are some who haven't seen this episode yet (if you haven't be careful reading further on as some reviews tell the plot) but suffice to say it's a real tearjerker and had me sniveling into my hankie all over again.

If you were a fan of the series (or even if you dipped in and out of their lives over the years), this is such a great last episode and ties up some lose ends but don't forget those hankies....you really will need them.
on 29 June 2004
well i have to admit - i cried - but like others have commented you need to watch it a few times to get the jist of everything and tie up all the loose ends. Just a shame the series ended.
on 11 September 2013
Item arrived very quickly within a couple of days of ordering. Great price, good packaging. I used to love Dawson's Creek, and have watched all the series when they were first aired. This took me right back to my youth. And what a perfect, sad at times but perfectly put together ending you could wish for. Joey ends up with the one you want her to choose. Great memories, don't make them like this anymore. Will definitely be buying the complete boxset soon to re-watch all again. Fantastic buy, definitely recommend, great service and good quality for price. Very happy :)
on 30 May 2005
I really enjoyed this DVD. I had watched Dawson's Creek for years but had missed most of the final two seasons when it changed to channel 5. The ending wasn't a disappointment. It tied up all those loose ends that you wanted to know about such as the Dawson / Joey / Pacey triangle and what happens to all the guys. I have to say I was really shocked to find that Jen had a baby - I had totally missed that storyline! And then what followed was just so sad I really wished I'd had some tissues! I just cried my eyes out! A really emotional ending that should be watched by any past Dawson's Creek fan.
on 1 January 2015
I have all 6 seasons of Dawson's Creek and absolutely love them. Maybe I didn't read about this properly but I found out after watching the last disc of season 6, this dvd is exactly the same as the last episode in season 6 named ''all good things...must come to an end''. I wouldn't have bought this if I knew it was the same disc. There are a few extra scenes on the special features but they are related to the first ever season of the show.
on 16 July 2012
If you already have Season 6 of DC - to my mind, one of the best made, amply fulfilling the promise of the best earlier episodes - then DO NOT buy this Finale, since it merely reproduces as two episodes the last, double length, episode of Series 6. The info about this really ought to have been clearer.
on 23 February 2005
Having been a big fan of Dawson's Creek for three years, I was looking forward to watching the finale of the show. Sadly, the finale does not do the show justice in any sense, and had the effect of putting me off watching any of the earlier (and far better) episodes for some time.
I'm not going to go into the Dawson/Joey/Pacey triangle scenario much: everyone has their own views on that, and I have no problems with the outcome. However, Dawson's character is appallingly written in this episode and the writers do not give him the ending he deserves: he gets no romance and by the end of it all, you can't help but feel as if Dawson will be alone, trapped in the world he created. For a character who changed so much over the five years in the show, he has a very minor role in the finale and it doesn't feel right.
If you've read this far, you've probably seen that Jen's death is one of the main storylines to the finale. Although Michelle Williams wanted her character killed off, it is a disappointing end for a character who was arguably the most likable in the show. It seems an all too easy, predictable and cheesy end to Jen's story. She was always the "problem child", and to show her finally discover what she wanted from life, and to show her so happy before taking it away is not sad, it's just wrong. It's easy to go to type and make Jen's story a mini-tragedy, and it annoyed me a lot.
The Doug/Jack thing seemed, again, like the writers were taking an easy way out: argh! Jack needs a partner! Who can we have? No, we won't call back the lovely Toby or even the cute Ethan, but let's fix him up with Pacey's brother, who Pacey always joked was gay! Ha, ha, Pacey was right! How clever! Erm, no. For one, it just doesn't come across as very believeable: Doug is still far too moody and his turnaround at the end comes as slightly unexpected. Yes, it's sweet, but the storyline isn't given enough attention to make it real.
However, there are some really great moments in the finale that prevent it from being a complete shambles. All the actors - particularly Kerr Smith and Michelle Williams - are on fabulous form, and Joshua Jackson (Pacey) gets some of the best scenes as Pacey is shown to have turned into the great guy we all knew he was. Don't get me wrong, I didn't hate the entire thing - there are makings of a great finale here, but it's a shame the writers stuck to predictability and cheese rather than stepping outside the box a little.