Format: Audio CD|Change

on 26 July 2011
Like perhaps so many people, I bought this off the back of having listened to the title track several times whilst racing around and wrecking cars in Burnout 3. Although the title track is still one of the highlights, the other tracks mesh together to make a very solid and enjoyable album. It's also very easy to get into and accessible, but that doesn't mean that it lacks longevity.

As far as I'm concerned there's no filler on this album like you might often get from other bands of this ilk, and it comes highly recommended.
on 23 January 2008
The songs on this original and inspirational album are truly immense. I've yet to find much to compare to Make a Sound, not that I'd want to, anything remotely similar would be a huge disapointment in comparison. Having heard Clockwork and Make a Sound on an internet radio site, I took the gamble on the rest of the album being as good and bought a US import. Well, I certainly wasn't dissapointed.

The original rock created in this album by Autopilot Off is now one of my favourite albums of all times, every single track on it is great. The instrumentals and inspired, with superb vocals throughout, the result a fresh and different album that makes a change from music which is oh so very similar these days. My only regret is that the band has split up, as their music is the best I have heard for a long time, even compared to much more well known bands of a similar genre. Buy and enjoy this true musical treasure.
on 27 February 2006
This album just grows and grows on you. For me the band's sound isn't really punk but a hard, rather bleak rock. You might know them from the appearance of the opening song on the "Burnout 3" soundtrack. If you like that one, there's more to savour here. Autopilot Off are different to other American hard rock bands proliferating at the moment. They deserve to make it big.
on 13 December 2005
this album is amazing. listening to the songs on this album is like visiting an old school friend and remenicing about old times. no, i don't mean it's an old album! just that the album has a timeless quality about it that makes it, well, timeless.
i've owned this album for the best part of a year, and i can honestly say that it still brings pleasure to my ears to hear it.
songs like "blessed by a nightmare" and "clockwork" ensure that the album never slips past pure brilliance.
on 2 March 2005
This band is not widly known outside of the US, but I suggest you start finding out who they are! The music may sound, at first, like your standard Emo Rock, but after a while you notice the difference. These guys have something different!
As for the tracks, not all are my taste, some being a little too slow, but most are well paced, orginal and very catchy. Many a time I have beeen caught singing the words to "Byron Black" out loud!
Buy it, and you will see what I'm on about.
on 8 December 2005
this album has been in my collection for nearly a year now, and whenever i go through my CDs i allways come back to this.
with great songs like 'clockwork', 'byron black' and 'blessed by a nightmare', this album never slips past pure brilliance.