Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 22 December 2004
Paul van Dyk has been a constant feature of my clubbing life ever since I had the most euphoric experience triggered by For an Angel (in my top 5 dance tracks ever). His back catalogue contains some astonishing work - and the beauty is his ability to evolve whilst maintaining his standards.
This CD does move on from his previous work, and he also chooses to collaborate with others here. But I have not stopped playing this since it came out - new sounds mixed with very "PvD" riffs.
If you're new to him this is a good place to start (although you have to go and try For an Angel, Tell me Why etc etc). If you bought and liked Out There and Back or Politics of Dancing then just get this now!
on 18 August 2004
Paul Van Dyk, master of techno and dance once again doesn't fail to impress with his collection of fantastic tracks. The days of old, with songs like 'Tell Me Why' and 'For An Angel' are not so prominent; instead Paul has gone with a slightly different variation, which has turned out as successful as the 90's style.
There are few artists who create such different and individual tunes, yet still you are able to tell it's Paul. His style will not be found anywhere else.
My fave tracks are 'Time Of Our Lives', 'Nothing But You', 'Kaleidoscope' and 'Connected'. Enjoy.
on 25 November 2004
Every so often an artist/s appear on the scene, and have the ability to stay. In my opinion, Paul Van Dyk is a true master. It also appears, from his short album notes, that his ego his under careful watch. Perhaps, this is one of the reasons why his creations are utterly sublime and impeccably produced. All in all, an exceptionally gifted guy. Reflections is a powerful statement, mediated through trance music. It gives the listener all the right tools to translate the music into any picture they wish. Thank you very much, Paul Van Dyk.
on 26 May 2009
I bought this CD for my boyfriend as he always wathced the video on You Tube of 'Never Forget' - personally I think he was more interested in the models than the song! The song is very catchy though, a great feelgood hit. Anyone who likes Paul Van Dyk music will enjoy this CD.
on 30 March 2011
Reflections [Special Edition] great music from a great artist once again like all his other music he makes pure classic genius, not only that but he will still sound fresh in another 20 years from now.
on 28 June 2013
PVD is awesome, great album to, if you buy this, then you have to but Re Reflections to, cos that is fab to.
on 11 November 2004
The first track I heard from this album was the single Nothing But You, before the album was released, and I was stunned! Paul had kept his epic sound that I love so much! Unfortunately the album turned out to be much more commercial and chart-friendly as I hoped for. Still there are some very good uplifting tracks such as Crush and Kaleidoscope, but the feeling I had from Paul's previous albums is gone.
The 2nd CD, which was not featured on the original release of this album, is a bit clubbier, and the tracks are merged into each other like a DJ mix. Neither this CD has that special feeling, but it certainly gives you a good kick!
on 11 November 2005
Compared to "Seven Ways" and "Out there and back" this is a complete departure from what i would class as PVD music. I was very disappointed with the tracks that have lyrics, definately not Paul's strong point.
This will remain in my collection for background music at parties rather than an everyday listen. For now Seven Ways retains its spot as his best work.
Overall - could do much better.
on 1 July 2004
I aquired this album by chance a track was playing in a shop I was visiting and being suitably impressed by what I was hearing I went out and bought the album. Now not being one for impulse buys normally and definately not in the habit of hearing one track and then getting the album I was very impressed by the whole package. This album just blows your mind it is beautifully presented and very easy on the ears its full of great tunes is it dance or trance not being to au fait with the fine distinctions I would say its a great trance album with some good dance tracks on it its especially good for listening to in the gym during a run . I recommend this album to you all.
on 18 July 2007
Just listened to this album for the first time on my way to work in the car and nearly threw it out the window. I loved Crush when it came out and heard it again recently so bought this album on the strength of it. The lyrics have been severely edited from the single version almost to the point of being non-existent. And the 'remix' version on the other CD is even worse. I wouldn't mind but all the other songs that had lyrics seem to have been kept intact. I feel ripped off - gonna download the single version off i-Tunes which is something I should have done in the first place!!!