Customer reviews

Amazonas Easy+
Colour: grey|Change

on 22 July 2015
Picked up two of these to go along with a "Large Wooden Garden Hammock with Wooden Splitter bars". Note: if you want to use these at both ends of the hammock then you'll need to order two as there's only one in the pack. In the end I probably only needed one as it worked better to have one attached to the side of the house and a bit of rope tied to a tree for the other end.

Firstly, these are rock solid. They come with long screws and plugs to go in brickwork/concrete. You could skip the plugs and screw them straight into wood though if you wanted. The screws had no problem at all holding two adults in the hammock even with some excessive swinging!

Secondly, the hook is much bigger than I expected. It weighs almost half a kg (~1 lb). The back plate is 8cm (~3 inches) in diameter and the hook itself is 12 cm long (~5 inches). The opening in the hook is 2.5cm (~1 inch) at its widest and that works well with the thick rope ends you normally get on hammocks. The metal of the hook is 1cm (~0.4 inches) thick so will outlast the hammock, me and probably the house!

I've included a picture with my hand in shot to give a sense of scale - but then again I guess you have no idea how big my hand is! :)

Hopefully this is helpful to someone though!
review image review image review image
on 13 January 2016
I've used these to put up a hammock in the office. Confidence inspiring build, the clips are large so should be able to accommodate all sizes of support. I've ordered another pair for outdoors. They might seem pricey compared to something DIY but these are the ones you want to buy.
on 10 May 2017
Bought two to hold a ladder with a strop at the top - to avoid the nasty possibility of my loft ladder slipping away from me. Really sturdy and robust. Slightly bigger than they look (think full palm size) but all the better for it. Really pleased.
on 14 July 2017
Very sturdy and bigger than I expected, well up to the job I had in mind. Comes with screws and rawlplugs, so everything is ready for you to get on with the job
on 25 August 2017
Strong bracket works very well, but BEWARE do not use the screws supplied with the bracket. Ours has been supporting hammock between two trees for 4 months, has not had a great deal of use, but yesterday one set of screws in one tree had worn and sheared off whilst I was in the hammock and gave me a very nasty bump onto the ground!!! All screws now replaced with much stronger, longer ones.... hopefully no further 'bumps'.
on 12 September 2016
Very sturdy. I use it for my dogs when I'm getting things ready to go out. It's strong enough to hold a horse!
on 9 May 2017
had these beefy fittings up on my wall now for 2 weeks and they are still there. i have a hammock clipped on and i sleep in it every night. great quality for this price
on 19 October 2017
hammock hanging made easy. Drill your self some holes in a wall / tree, attach this little badger then hang around in your hammock. Life will be good.
on 6 June 2017
Purchased 2 for holding pulley set to lift 30 kg kayak into garage roof. Very solid fitting. All works very well.
on 10 September 2017
Does what it says on the tin, good quality