on 30 March 2009
For less than the cost of a weekend Hire from my local Builders Merchant, I bought my steamer. It was used to remove old wallpaper and, get this!, old tile adhesive! It worked fantastically well.
Really, what more can I say? Go and buy one!!!
on 1 February 2009
Wagner W14 240V Wallpaper Steamer
Does exactly what it says on the box - very efficient and makes a time consuming job much quicker. Beware of hot water splashing and running down your arm. Very good value for money.
on 14 November 2007
If you've ever tried to remove wallpaper with ANYTHING, then you'll want to get this. The house I live in is over a hundred years old and there was literally seven layers of wallpaper. This Wagner W1420V steamer saved my life and my arms.
on 20 November 2012
I bought this a couple of months ago after reading its good reviews. I have had no problems at all with scaling, and I live in a very heavy limescale area in the Cotswolds. Bearing in mind other reviewers' comments I have been filling it with a weak solution of malt vinegar (about £1.50 for 5 litres from your local greengrocer)and water while it's still warm, but without boiling it, and leaving it to stand overnight after each day's usage. This has kept the electric element clean and shiny. Just pour the vinegar solution back into something like those huge Buxton water bottles, and use it again. My husband is stripping off about 9 layers of paint and wallpaper to get back to the original lime plaster so this steamer is working HARD! There is still a lot of scraping to do; don't be fooled into thinking a steamer takes all the effort out of it. However this has rendered the impossible possible.

It could be improved by having a clear strip at the back so you can see the water level when filling and when using, otherwise I think it's quite hard to see. A picture of what the steamer head looks like on both sides would help as I nearly returned it because it looked as though it was missing a part, with plastic lugs to click something into. Actally, it's for the perforating attachment which is sold separately for this model.
I would strongly recommend having a washing-up bowl next to you to put the steamer head in when you put it down as it does dribble very hot water... and obviously plastic sheeting and old towels to mop up the excess water by the skirting boards. A full tank runs for at least an hour.

Overall we are very satisfied with it, and very very grateful for it.
review image
on 16 November 2011
This item works pretty well - the only downside I found was that you will need to keep switching it off at the socket in between uses.
All in all a good product that worked well & did what it said it would do..
on 20 January 2010
This steamer is absolutely fantastic, easy to use, light to hold and very very efficient. Its so simple to use! Wait until the water comes to boil and away you go. This is truely a non expensive very very good little item.
on 9 April 2010
An absolute dream machine we used this steamer for stripping polyripple artexing from the hall, stairs,landing and ceilings it is by far and above the best steamer we have ever used,and the best decorating tool investment we have ever made,we were sceptical at first because the price tag was so inexpensive compared to other steamers, it has a very long working time between fill ups, minimum drip and cuts out automatically when empty, the weight of the machine adds to the allure and it has a very long hose for reaching those high areas easily, it works great upside down and i would highly recommend this machine to anyone who is thinking about purchasing a steamer it is a very a wise investment and works better than all the industrial steamers which i have used over the years.Wagner W14 240V Wallpaper Steamer
on 13 April 2010
Well made, efficient product at a very reasonable price. Prompt delivery.

A very satisfactory purchase
I bought this unit as I was tackling the removal of various layers of wallpaper, including some painted woodchip paper - which was horrendous to remove, and was far too much for a silly little fully-handheld steamer I got from my father in law to handle. I looked at the prices to hire a serious stripper like this one, and the price to hire one for more than a couple of days was more than it was to buy this one outright, so I decided the sane thing to do was to buy one :)

Like all such devices it takes a little while to get up to temperature to start producing steam, but ones it does, it's soon chucking out copious amounts of steam - plenty to get that horrid painted woodchip paper off the wall finally!

I used it for several hours, getting about an hour from each tankful. I must admit I didn't wait for it to cool down before refilling it, I just refilled carefully - but this doesn't seem to have caused any problems.

Filling is a touch tricky because of the rubber seal disc under the inlet - you can't fill it super-fast I found - but with a steady stream from a tap aimed right, or even better a funnel poked through past the seal, it was soon filled back up and ready for use again. The power cord detaches, so you can leave the cord behind, unscrew the steam hose and carry just the unit to refill it.

After several hours of use it had scaled up a fair amount, as I live in a very hard water area. When I'd finished the job, I half-filled it with a fairly strong solution of citric acid to descale it, letting it sit for a couple of hours, swishing it around the inside periodically. When I rinsed it out, it looked like new again inside.

I wish I had bought a narrower steam plate for steaming paper off around the window reveals - will pick one up before tackling the next room - but the supplied steam plate is large enough to steam a decent sized area at a time.
on 25 May 2009
I bought this after reading the other reviews. It really does the job well. I used it for taking off one layer of vinyl wallpaper and it came off like a dream. I had tried doing this without the product and only managed approx half a strip of wallpaper in an hour. I did a large wall in an hour with product. Excellent value for money.